Perfect Hair Collection

best workout shoes?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best workout shoes?
    Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 8:44pm

Hello,Wink

I am on my weight loss journey.  I am trying to drop some punds after a pregnancy. My gym membership will start as of Friday. However, I do recall last year when working out I did ALOT of cardio on the treadmill 5days a week. and I got alot of foot pain, I was working out in my Puma's and I know that right there may have been the problem.

What  workout shoes do you recommend?
Sponsored Links

rubynaturalprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 9:53pm
Hope I can help! 

I started looking into the best kind of workout shoes for my self earlier this year and a associate at City Sports helped me identify my foot by watching the way I walk. Puma's wont cut it, especially if there is no support.

Here is a guide similar to that, to help you choose the right running shoe. Now I know your not just going to be running, but this can help you know your feet better. What you really need is a cross trainer if you decide to switch up your workouts. 

As far as brands, I have slightly wide feet and the best shoe that I have is by Ryka. Nike's are beautiful to look at but too slim for my foot and no where near enough support and cushion. 

I own two pairs of these, best workout sneaks for my feet, period. 

Hope I helped Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by rubynaturalprincess rubynaturalprincess wrote:

Hope I can help! 

I started looking into the best kind of workout shoes for my self earlier this year and a associate at City Sports helped me identify my foot by watching the way I walk. Puma's wont cut it, especially if there is no support.

Here is a guide similar to that, to help you choose the right running shoe. Now I know your not just going to be running, but this can help you know your feet better. What you really need is a cross trainer if you decide to switch up your workouts. 

As far as brands, I have slightly wide feet and the best shoe that I have is by Ryka. Nike's are beautiful to look at but too slim for my foot and no where near enough support and cushion. 

Hope I helped Smile

^^^^They may look clunky but they are soo light and I have alot of support and cushioning. now these may not be the shoes for you but one you figure out your feet, you'll know what to look for.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 10:25am
I need new running shoes like crazy. My shoes are worn out and torn up, and since I'm running on pavement, the recoil of hitting the ground so hard without any padding in my shoes is really hurting my legs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by NattyDoll NattyDoll wrote:

I need new running shoes like crazy. My shoes are worn out and torn up, and since I'm running on pavement, the recoil of hitting the ground so hard without any padding in my shoes is really hurting my legs.

I would recommend getting two pairs of a running shoes that caters to your feet and alternate esp since you run on concrete. The guide above should help you. It may sound silly to buy two pairs but you'll save your shoes and your feet.  And there are brands that are not $$$ that are good for your feet (for ex. RYKA)  Also get some epsom salt and soak your feet twice a week and stretch for a good 30 min before and after a workout to prevent injury. 
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 9:31pm

Hope I can help! 

Hope I helped Smile

thank u sooo much, gonna check out the link now.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2012 at 11:03am

I would recommend getting two pairs of a running shoes that caters to your feet and alternate esp since you run on concrete. The guide above should help you. It may sound silly to buy two pairs but you'll save your shoes and your feet.  And there are brands that are not $$$ that are good for your feet (for ex. RYKA)  Also get some epsom salt and soak your feet twice a week and stretch for a good 30 min before and after a workout to prevent injury. 

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I'm unemployed right now, so I will barely be able to afford one pair. But I'll only use those shoes for running, and I'll keep these worn-down ones for everyday wear and work. Hopefully I'll get a job before the new running shoes wear out, and then I'll buy two pairs. ;) I really should stretch some more before a workout, I know I've been neglectful in that aspect.

I really hurt my feet running today. I went a few miles through the adjoining neighborhood, and I think I hurt my feet so bad because I'm not used to the sidewalk there (I've walked through my neighborhood enough times to know where the cracks and bumps are). Probably gonna have to look for some shoes this weekend!
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 8:52pm
It really depends on what kind of workout you are doing, for running I lve my adidas running shoes. I bought the men's ones, I swear they have more cushion and are more comfortable. I wear my reebok flex ones for my Bootcamp class, I wear my puma,s for taebo, and I just got some Nike revolutions from Macy's and they feel great.

Pumas usually don't offer any support so your feet feel all the shock of the cardio you are doing, Unless you have the ones that are not flat.

Hope that helps.
KateRussell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KateRussell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 6:45am
I used to wear large joggers for walk.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style