FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best wig cap for sewing a wig

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best wig cap for sewing a wig
    Posted: Oct 16 2009 at 9:52pm

The one I normally get is the Donna Collection 5 pc, it includes a wig cap and some other pieces. The only thing is while Im sewing the hair on the cap tends to scrunch up which makes the cap smaller when I go to put it on my head. Is there a bigger or more sturdy wig cap? Or a technique that I should be doing to keep my cap from shrinking while Im sewing the hair on?

Sponsored Links

mspatty View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mspatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 12:22pm
anything with a net instead of a stocking...
ilovhairweave View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovhairweave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by mspatty mspatty wrote:

anything with a net instead of a stocking...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 4:18pm
The 5 pc Donna Collection is a net. Are there any larger caps or is there a brand with a more sturdy net. What cap brands are you ladies making your wigs on? The Donna seemed to be the thickest one at the BSS the others were more like hair net type material. I dont mind paying more if it will hold up better.
Shanel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 4:00pm
I normally buy the 'Deluxe Weaving Cap' (the one that looks like a stretchy net) from the BSS.  I place it on a styrofoam head and hold it in place with thumbtacks.  I sew on the hair and sew wig clips/combs to it. 

I make a perimeter braid on my head and attach the cap to the perimeter braid using the wig clips.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Shanel Shanel wrote:

I normally buy the 'Deluxe Weaving Cap' (the one that looks like a stretchy net) from the BSS.  I place it on a styrofoam head and hold it in place with thumbtacks.  I sew on the hair and sew wig clips/combs to it. 

I make a perimeter braid on my head and attach the cap to the perimeter braid using the wig clips.

I have a styrofoam head its small tho, (off to Slay's Big head manikin thread) I will try this next time. I lucked up on a better quality wig cap that has some give to it. But I ended up sewing it to my braids because I didnt want to risk it scrunching up while i sewed it.
Shanel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 3:34pm
my styrofoam head is small too, that's where the stretchy cap comes into play. it will stretch when u put it on & it won't scrunch up when u sew b/c the thumbtacks hold it in place
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic