Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Weave Brand CHEAP

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
nidasteep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nidasteep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Weave Brand CHEAP
    Posted: Sep 17 2011 at 6:22pm
In your opinion what is the best BSS brand of human hair weave. In the past I've used Premium Too 10 inch. But what do you guys think.
Sponsored Links

assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2011 at 6:31pm
Are you referring to Remy or Non-Remy BSS hair? Or do you mean in general?
nidasteep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nidasteep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2011 at 6:42pm
Just in general and what's the difference between remy and non remy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2011 at 6:57pm
Non-Remy hair is hair that doesn't have the roots aligned. Basically the roots and tips are in all different directions. This is cheapest hair you can buy at the BSS...this hair is prone to tangling. It also loses its luster and sheen rather quickly.

Remy Hair is hair when all the cuticles are aligned. The roots and tips are all in the same direction. This is the more expensive hair at the BSS.  This hair lasts significantly longer that non-remy hair.

There's more info about it here:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=43239&title=weave-extensions-101-helpful-linksthread

Edited by assiyrabomb - Sep 17 2011 at 6:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2011 at 7:05pm
In terms of the best brands of hair in the BSS...

Non-Remy -I would have to say Dreamweaver or Outre Premium Now. After two weeks they shed like crazy. You can seal to try to prevent this.  After about two weeks they it will lose its luster and start to tangle tho.  I tried Janet before...too course, brittle and tangled, hated it!

Remy Hair - I've only used Outre Velvet Remy. The hair has always been beautiful but this also sheds. You should seal this as well.  I've kept it in for about 8 weeks and it never lost its luster or tangled horribly.

If you have to buy from the BSS I would say go with Remy hair...its gonna run you about at least $60-$70/pack depending on length.  But at least your hair wont turn into a rats nest after about week 2.  In the same breath I would say that if your gonna pay that much for hair you might find a good vendor off of Aliexpress and get some hair that will last you multiple installs.

nidasteep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nidasteep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2011 at 10:05am
Bump
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2011 at 1:07pm
If you're thinking of going the non-remy route, I second the Model Model Dreamweaver suggestion. I've never tried any of their curly textures, but their straight hair is okay (just don't expect a remy experience).  Bijoux Beauty Elements is also a good BSS straight hair, if you're not trying to spend remy prices.

If you're thinking of curly hair, Sensual is pretty good, but stay away from Zury.  Their curl patterns are gorgeous but it sheds like a mangy beast.  The last time I got the Ultra French, it literally was coming out in clouds of hair....ridiculous.  Thats what made me go running back to the remy and virgin hair lol.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style