Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum Lockedbest way to thin out a thick wig...

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
NEWMRS216 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: best way to thin out a thick wig...
    Posted: Sep 09 2007 at 9:52am
so i got on my hairline illusions wig.. and i need to thin this sucker out... it's just to thick.. gorgeous and soft an looks great.. but tooo toooo tooooooooooooooooo thick...

anyone got hints nad tips on the best way to thin out a wig?

or... can i just slap a little relxer on this to soften the grade of hair?  mk it a little silkier???
Sponsored Links

PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2007 at 11:27am

diva, I get after it with tweezers.  I know it sounds tedious, but I start at the front and work into the hairline, pulling the hairs at an angle.  I don't like the thinning shears, cause I found little hairs that stick up afterward, but if you use them I suggest you don't cut in the areas where you want to wear a part, ie center or left side.  Just work around that area.  I have a lf I have been thinning for a couple of weeks cause it's so thick, but I use tweezers.

I don't like using chemicals on my lfs if possible.

J.Styles View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2007 at 11:35am
[QUOTE=PeacefulOne]

diva, I get after it with tweezers.  I know it sounds tedious, but I start at the front and work into the hairline, pulling the hairs at an angle.  I don't like the thinning shears, cause I found little hairs that stick up afterward, but if you use them I suggest you don't cut in the areas where you want to wear a part, ie center or left side.  Just work around that area.  I have a lf I have been thinning for a couple of weeks cause it's so thick, but I use tweezers.

I don't like using chemicals on my lfs if possible.

Ok I am having the same problem so this is helpful.  I have a curly unit and it's too thick around the hairline, if you use tweezer how long does it take and should the hair be wet when tweezing? 
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2007 at 11:58am
I do it while dry, and the one I am working on now has taken forever, cause the hairline is like 100% density.  Maybe Bless or Sexi has an easier way, but I like the control of the tweezing method. . .
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2007 at 4:28pm

here ya go and you betta not mess up that HI unit...lol

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42224

stylishshay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2007 at 7:57am
my Chinese Remy unit was just soooo thick, it didn't even lay right. I had it razor cut from the top down, having my stylist just skim over the top and not really cutting layers, just to reduce the weight and bulk and it flows sooooo much better now.  it actually looks just like hair should and should lay and flow. I am not going to wear my unit right out of the bag again, a bit of tweeking and customizing it while on your head helps alot. I was for sure gonna use it as an experiment wig until I thought to get it razored to reduce the thickness. Maybe try that, if it's a straight unit?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic