Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest way to take bonding glue out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jul2213 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best way to take bonding glue out
    Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 1:30pm
I got married last weekend and put some weave in my hair for the first time ever.  Already I'm ready for this mess to come out. The stylist told me when she did my hair saturday in order to get the tracks out to spray alot of oil sheen on them. I have heard others say that my hair will come out with it if I'm not careful.  Does anyone have suggestions or tips on how to get this mess out easy and quick.
Sponsored Links

OrangePop View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 1:39pm

Do you have a head full of bonded tracks or just a few?

If it's a lot, I'd go back to the stylist and let her do it since you aren't used to bonding glue.

If it's just one or two tracks you may be okay, but it all depends. I've had tracks that I could slip right out and I've had some that were clunked with glue that my hair came out by the patch.

The worse thing is when the track is out yet you still have a track of glue still in your hair. If that happens, just be prepared that you're going to lose some hair because you'll have to loosen up the glue and then use a rattail comb and comb it out. Now that's a nightmare.

I haven't worn glue in a minute but the last time I did I had a head full of weave. I doused my tracks in Hot Six Oil and sat with a heating cap on my head for a good twenty minutes to loosen up the glue and then pulled the tracks out. Some came out clean and some left glue behind. When glue is left behind all I can really say is more oil, a rattail comb and patience.

BchBlondeHoni View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 1:49pm

Yeah....

I used to experience the same thing...you can successfully get your track out..but then you are left with a line of glue or spots of it throughout your head...

Getting it out with miminal hair loss is going to take patience as you go through the removal process so just prepare yourself.

Congatulations by the way!

jul2213 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 1:51pm
Thank you, but it seems by the end of the day I'll be bald headed shoot.  I don't have patience, I wish I had of known this before I got this hair style
Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 2:13pm

Here''s what I have been doing that works with ease.  And believe me I have had some bad experiences, but since I have been doing it this way it's been wonderful, and I don't lose any hair.

Use a dye applicator bottle and pour regular kitchen olive oil along each track.  (Olive oil is also good for your hair)

Put a plastic cap on it...DO NOT sit under the dryer...but be prepared to wipe some drippy oil from your temples and neck.  After about an hour, the tracks will slide completely from your hair, with none of your hair attached.

If you have any glue lines still along your roots (which I normally do not, but you might) just shampoo your hair as you normally would and dont try to get the glue out with a comb or anything.  Use a generous amount of the orange cholesterol conditioner (I don't know which brand it is) and work it in, then use a wide tooth comb to pull out the rest of the glue and little or none of your hair will be attached. 

Good luck, and believe you are hearing this from someone who has had gluedin tracks for ten years on & off.  I have learned some hard lessons but this seems to work very well 

cece23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 2:25pm
Try some of the bonding glue remover. It works beter than oil sheen apply it to the weft were the glue is. Rub or work in with a toothbrush, then gently remove do not pull or tug hair. This is by far the best method I have come accross. Slides out glue and all.
divaesquire View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 2:52pm

Once someone on this site posted something that I tried and it really worked.  They suggested using Victoria Secret body spray on the glue to get it out.  I tried it and it worked wonderfully and does not leave a greasy, oily residue.  I cannot explain it, but the glue slips right out.  Then, I just make sure I wash and condition my hair real well.  Try this, I promise it works. 

Edited by divaesquire
Fancy Kitten View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 3:23pm
I haven't tried this yet, but I have seen it at the BSS and have intended to.  It's called Jamaican Dream Bonding Glue Remover Shampoo.  I would suggest dousing the tracks with oil as the other ladies said, and using this shampoo to clean up any glue left in your hair.
LOVELYME View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by divaesquire divaesquire wrote:

Once someone on this site posted something that I tried and it really worked.  They suggested using Victoria Secret body spray on the glue to get it out.  I tried it and it worked wonderfully and does not leave a greasy, oily residue.  I cannot explain it, but the glue slips right out.  Then, I just make sure I wash and condition my hair real well.  Try this, I promise it works. 

Ha Ha that was me!!!!!! Im glad to see someone tryed it!!!! Dont it work wonders!!! I dont know what it is about that stuff but it is the absolute best!!!

LOVELYME View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2004 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by LOVELYME LOVELYME wrote:

Originally posted by divaesquire divaesquire wrote:

Ha Ha that was me!!!!!! Im glad to see someone tryed it!!!! Dont it work wonders!!! I dont know what it is about that stuff but it is the absolute best!!!

You be willing to try anything to get that glue out your head!!!!! Trust me!!!! Dont knock it til you try it!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic