Extensions Plus

Best sunscreen/sunblock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Mzcnic87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mzcnic87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best sunscreen/sunblock
    Posted: Jun 07 2011 at 7:28pm
What is a good brand of sunscreen/sunblock?? I have a generic one with an spf of 50. It smells horrible, but if there aren't any other alternatives that's ok. I'd rather smell than not be protected!
Sponsored Links

Creation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2011 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Mzcnic87 Mzcnic87 wrote:

What is a good brand of sunscreen/sunblock?? I have a generic one with an spf of 50. It smells horrible, but if there aren't any other alternatives that's ok. I'd rather smell than not be protected!

The main thing is you want to make sure that your sunscreen has an SPF of at least 15.  And it's also vitally important to make sure it has an active ingredient to provide proper sun protection.  Some active ingredients could include Titanium Dioxide, Avobenzone, or Zinc Oxide.  It also depends on where you want to put your sunscreen.  For your face my favorite is Neutrogena Ultra Dry Touch Sunblock.  For swimming and all other places other than our faces my family uses the Banana Boat SPF 50 with the pink label.  Sorry I can't remember the name.
ExoticMami215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExoticMami215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 6:41pm
I love the copper it smells very good BUT, this year I went right to my local Dollar Tree and bought Max's SUnblock SPF 30 and Maxb lock Aloe Vera and for them to be $1 they are darn good, the smells lasts all day, it isnt sticky, has that summer, beachy fresh smell, doesnt ruin my nails, and overall, its cheap and a good product I haven't gotten dark yet from using this stuff I stocked up as well
luvlytresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvlytresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2011 at 11:35am
Clinique city block it comes in 25 and 40 SPF. I recommend that darker skin get the 25, as it can leave a white cast on skin.
DeDeMd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeDeMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by luvlytresses luvlytresses wrote:

Clinique city block it comes in 25 and 40 SPF. I recommend that darker skin get the 25, as it can leave a white cast on skin.

I agree with you! I use the City Block spf 40. The BEST thing about it is that they have a PA+++! This means that for some of us with unevenness and hyperpigmentation, the darker areas of our skin is TRULY blocked, and protected from the sun's rays. They won't get darker. As with most spf creams, they leave us looking ashy, so I buff on some of my Bare Minerals foundation. Just so I don't look crazy. LOL!
luvlytresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvlytresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 10:19pm
It's the best! I have been complaining about acne marks, but they are fading now b/c of city block. It's pricy and leaves a white cast, but it is worth it!
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 10:26pm
I started using cetaphil spf 15 moisturizer in April and it has been great for my face/neck
yekomod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yekomod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 6:59pm
I needed this thread. I just ran out of sunscreen & was looking to try something different. 
sexich33ks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexich33ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2011 at 12:53pm

Any suggestions for a sunscreen/sunblock board-spectrum spf 30  that does not cause a white cast/halo when wore under Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation and Laura Mercier tintded moisterizer

rororebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rororebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 12:42am
La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra Light fluid. It's especially for your face and neck. It is expensive but it rubs in just like cream and there's no white cast even with factor 80.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic