Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - best shampoo/conditioner for color treated hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

best shampoo/conditioner for color treated hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
love_angel011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best shampoo/conditioner for color treated hair
    Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:30pm
what is the best shampoo and conditioner for colored hair, more specifically red hair? I have in a sew in and I used a rinse on my natural hair (adore brand) but I dyed the extensions with a garnier box dye.  I know that it is best to use a shampoo w/o sulphates and the only shampoo that I have that I use on my natural hair is keracare w/o sulfates and I recently just bought the john frieda conditioner for red colored hair and the garnier conditioner for colored hair but idk which one to use. also if you have any other suggestions as to what i can buy that would be great =)
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:11pm
In my experience wth having red hair, the red will still fade out a bit even if you use special shampoos and conditioners. There's a few things you can do to help slow it down.

1. Limit hair product use. The more product build-up the more you color will fade out when you wash.

2. Try to avoid using clear, clarifying and dandruff shampoos. These WILL strip your color. Moisturizing shampoos are a bit better.

3.When shampooing, wet your hair with lukewarm water and only apply a quarter-sized amount to your scalp only. Massage through for about a minute and rinse by having the water run from you scalp through to your ends. The shampoo being rinsed from your scalp will wash the length and ends.

4. Mix some semi-permenant hair color ( a rinse like adore, jazzing, Punky Colour, special fx, directions, etc) in with your conditioner to keep your color fresh. Apply after shampooing and allow to sit for the time needed and rinse with cool water.

love_angel011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:31pm
but since I have a sew in won't i be risking getting the rinse on my braids if I put it in the conditioner? I doubt I'd be able to wash it all out. 
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 10:32pm

I've never had a sew-in so I don't really know how to go about taking care of it.  Maybe someone else could chime in on how to do this here or upstairs in the weave/extension section.

Mary Jacobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Jacobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:12pm

Well for me argan oil shampoos are the best to keep your hair healthy, as long as they're sulfate free, like you said. I use one called pro naturals, its an argan oil shampoo that salons use for hair that needs to be kept strong and healthy from hair coloring or heat styling. It makes my hair sooo soft and it smells really good. The shampoo and conditioner is online at beyas. See if they're in stock because they sell out real fast.

Babycandybeloved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycandybeloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:44pm
I'm with Mary Jacobs . ^ I heard from a few people that's the best product to use for colored hair. Do you mind positing a picture of your hair? I just got some new extensions and plan to dye them, but rinse my hair red to match. I would like to see how it comes out.
hottaqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hottaqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 11:05am
I'm also a redheaded girl . I found a few tips on this site http://www.bestshampooforcoloredhair.org/, and I found them very usefull.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic