FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Best Relaxer???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 48>

Author
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Kellyanna Kellyanna wrote:

I use soy oil by elastase qp it's really hydrating
How well does it str8en?
Sponsored Links

mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 9:41am
I've been consistent with Soft & Beautiful botanicals. Before and after my natural phase I used this. It straightens very well and leaves my hair soft. No complaints so far.
Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 9:01am
Hey ladies coiled up here! Sallys have TCB lye relaxer, it says it has protein & DNA in it, and the bonus is it'a only 1.39. Now been on my hhj for a hot min but I've learned quickly not all prod that cost alot work better and vice-versa so the price being so CHEAP dsnt set a red flag especially since my motions lye oil relaxer only coast 3.89. Anyhoo is TCB still a good prod? Who's using LYE TCB relaxer? Who's DNA & what kind of protein lol????! I have googled and hired the CIA to find the exact ingredients and nooooo success. The 1 review I found was good. TCB has been around since the 80s so I'm thinking reputable products still on the shel. Thank you ladies for answering my questions!!!!!!!! Happy holidays!!!!!!

Edited by Coiled up - Nov 23 2012 at 9:02am
LonghairLuci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LonghairLuci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:55am
My trichologist uses Vitale or Phyto! So glad I found her! I got the hint from an ebook called the 7 mythss about black hair. She is AMAZING!!!!! She accurately predicted the last time I put highlights in my hair...3 years ago! She mixes every relaxer to individually meet every client's hair needs.
Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 12:47pm
I can not wait to find one in my area that will give me that kind of TLC! In the meantime I'm going to try TCB lye relaxer w protein & DNA in mild then mix w a lil oil & condish. Clicking my feet 3xs pls send me a trichologst paleeeeez send me a trichologst! Lmbo
Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 12:48pm
Any trichologst in LA or RIVERSIDE county California please make yourself known! I want to meet you. Pls & Ty!

Edited by Coiled up - Nov 30 2012 at 12:49pm
lovelyhair011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelyhair011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:52pm
No idea

Edited by lovelyhair011 - Dec 31 2012 at 3:54pm
janeysun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeysun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 12:01pm
For anyone interested, in my opinion, for the best relaxer, please try Linange by Alter Ego Italy.
This is absolutely the BEST relaxer I have used. I have had many over the years, but this relaxer rocks. It's a very mild relaxer, used by many Dominican stylists. It does not burn when applied and I don't get any breakage. The scent smells like mint, not like that strong relaxer smell of most of the name brand relaxers. Alter Ego Italy makes superior products. They also have a garlic conditioner/treatment that is amazing. The softness and body are awesome.
Its close to natural relaxers, but if you want, you can also try their texturizers. I like the texturizers however, my hair has a very strong wave pattern and I wanted a little more straightness. The texturizer doesn't change your curl/wave pattern, but when a blowdryer and flat iron is used, it is great. And you won't have the damage.
The "normal" relaxers such as Affirm, Revlon, Optimum, etc, they will straighten your hair, but the chemicals are VERY harsh. If you leave it on too long, sometimes if you don't, hair will be damaged and will shed.
Also, for African American hair, natural or relaxed, try the Ojon Damage Reverse line. The pre-conditioner in the jar is thick, smells not so hot, like cocoa & ashes? But the results you will get will make you overlook the smell. They came out with a new scent, but alot of people like the old formula which they say works better. I have the Pre-Conditioner or Deep Conditioner in the jar, the shampoo, the conditioner, the hair spray, their products are wonderful.
It has Ojon oil and some other kinds of nutrients. It's a little pricey, but I get amazing results. When you deep condition, your hair will be oily/greasy. I would use a shampoo that is less expensive to wash it out because it can be costly to use this shampoo to wash it out of your hair. You will need to wash your hair 3 or 4 times to get it out. I use a less expensive but good shampoo to wash it out, however, my last wash is with the Ojon Shampoo because of the amazing formula.
You will have incredible shine.
My hair was so damaged from relaxers and different commercial products with SLS, and a bunch of things you can't pronounce. I've had all my life very thick wavy long hair, and can stand up to abuse. My last hairdresser put permanent dye along with a relaxer, and my hair fell out terribly. I haven't let any hairdresser other than this Dominican stylist touch my hair in 2yrs. I only go to her for the Linange Relaxer or a trim. Otherwise, I do my own hair and it has been growing back so amazing. Until I used the Linange line and Ojon, my hair was so damaged to to follicle, I didn't think it would grow back. I will not use any other relaxer now.
My hair normally grows back fast. When I started these products, my hair started healing and growing. I love it!
How I discovered Ojon was on QVC. My thought was like yeah right, here's another product they're lying about just to make money. I went on the internet, looked up reviews and just about every review I read was so positive, all these people don't know each other so they can't be lying. I went to Sephora, got the sample kit and the salesperson said they have a money back guarantee. She said if I wasn't pleased, to bring it back and they'd refund my money. She said even if most of it was used, they'd still give me a refund. Neddless to say, they still have my money :)
The results were so great, I told my friend about it, and told her if she didn't like it, I would give her her money back. Of course she loves it and recommended it to her family & friends.
Give it a try ladies!!
janeysun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeysun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 12:03pm
OMG! TCB is one of THE worst relaxers I've ever used. Dr. Miracles is not all of that either. Try the Linange line by Alter Ego Italy. You can try the texturizer or relaxer, they're amazing!
janeysun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeysun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 12:05pm
You know if it's 1.39, they're going to put a miniscule amount in that won't make a difference. They'll put enough to comply, but as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for"
It's cheap (price) because it's CHEAP
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 48>
  Share Topic