Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

BEST moisturizer for hair while in cornrows?

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEST moisturizer for hair while in cornrows?
    Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 11:44pm
Hey ladies. 

I'm trying to find a new moisturizer for my hair that isn't too messy (I currently use Africa's Best Herbal Oil). What do you guys swear by?
Sponsored Links

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:43pm
i use coconut oil grapeseed oil some evoo mixed togther
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 10:06pm
If your hair can tolerate glycerine, I think making a spritz or purchasing a spritz that contains glycerine.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 9:58am
I hate grease but the lady who braids my hair uses grease if I have not already done my own shampoo and moisturizing before I go. I hate to say it but I am taking my hair down (fairly small cornrows) as I type this now and I can honestly say that there are a lot less tangles and hair loss when she uses grease on the hair before braiding. I used a mixed oil usually for moisturizing a couple of times per week and on the other days I have been using a cream based moisturizer/leave in conditioner.

Actual products: Dax Roots Nutra-Blen Hair Oil (no petrolatum, silicon or mineral oil) I got this at the International Natural Hair Day event in my city and I LOVE this stuff. I got two bottles and just realized I need to find where I can buy this. 

Taliah Waajid: The great detangler
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 10:02am
Oh, I searched right after I posted and saw this on the company website as a description for the oil

Healthy hair begins at the ROOT. 

As a continued effort to help our customers achieve healthier hair and scalp, we have created our FIRSTPetrolatum and Mineral Oil FREE hair care line.

DAX ROOTS was formulated with you in mind. Our vitamin rich, moisturizing, and strengthening ingredients help nourish the hair from root to tip. 

DAX ROOTS Nutra-Blend Hair Oil is a supreme daily leave-in elixir for dry thirsty hair. Nutra-Blend Hair Oil revitalizes, provides natural moisture, strength, and shine. Nutra-Blend Hair Oil enhances hair softness and reduces breakage; maximizing hair length. Infused with carefully selected naturally derived oils to help regenerate, rejuvenate and restore natural beauty to your hair.

Benefits:

• Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Almond Oil, Avacado Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Safflower Flower Extract, Cotton Seed Oil — Natural Oils add shine to the hair, help reduce breakage and enhance hair length, strength and thickness. Helps to nourish hair and smooth hair cuticle. Helps to enhance the health and vitality of your hair. Helps to make hair softer and more manageable.
  • Kukui Nut Oil — Excellent moisturizer that penetrates quickly and locks in moisture.
  • Vitamin E — Helps prevent split ends and maximizes hair length. Helps to reduce dryness and adds shine.
  • Proprietary blend — Blend of nourishing oils and extracts to help maximize hair length and add moisture and shine.

Usage Instructions:

• Style hair as you normally would. Nutra-Blend Hair Oil can be applied to wet hair for more of a wet look or dry hair. Hold bottle 8-10 inches away from hair and lightly spray all over.

Hair Type:

• Dry hair
  • Medium to coarse hair structures
  • Relaxed, pressed, curly, permed, or color treated hair

Expected Result:

• Softer and shinier hair
  • Enhances hair strength
  • Reduces breakage
  • Maximizes hair length
  • 24 hour lasting shine
  • Humidity resistant
  • Antioxidant enriched
  • Lightweight formula
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 8:46am
Infusium 23
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 8:51am
Black castor oil
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 2:46pm
Scurl
loveyessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveyessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 2:48pm
cond, Jojoba and water mixed in a spray bottle. I mist my hair and seal with castor oil
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic