BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Best Man Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.90  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 11:25pm
I liked the movie overall especially for a sequel. There were highs and lows in the movie which made it more entertaining. I like that they explored each characters issues.

I agree with everyone else about the two youngest children. I was waiting for Monica's to confess that lance had another affair and they were raising the children or that they were adopted.
Sponsored Links

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 12:41am
I loved it but I'm easy to please!  I took my daughter when she was a baby and I took her with me this time (she's 15) so that was kind of sweet.  I agree that it was predictable and that's probably why I didn't cry, but it was still worth it.  

Nia Long looks too good!  She and Morris Chestnut have NOT aged a day.  
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 12:56am
Did anyone see that this movie has earned more than expected?
10 million only on Friday...the movie cost 17 million to make and they will probably earn double of what it was spent this weekend alone. Variety says it is "overperforming" (because it was not expected to make that muhc):

‘Best Man Holiday’ Over-Performing with Possible $35 Million Weekend

Best Man Holiday

Sequel shows hunger for movies targeted to African-American aud

Stuart Oldham

Christmas is coming early for Universal’s “The Best Man Holiday.”

Malcolm D. Lee’s comedy sequel, made for only $17 million, should take in over $30 million at the box office this weekend, wildly exceeding expectations for the Universal film, which were originally pegged in the mid-to-high teens.

Some observers think “Best Man” could top $35 million by Sunday, putting the pic just behind Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World” ($37 million) and making it the largest opening for an African-American film since last year’s “Think Like a Man” ($33 million).

Arriving 15 years after the original comedy, “Best Man Holiday” reunites Lee with all of the original cast members, including Morris Chestnut, Taye Diggs, Regina Hall, Terrence Howard, Sanaa Lathan, Nia Long, Monica Calhoun and Melissa De Sousa.

The box office performance also sends a message to Hollywood: Make more black movies.

Despite Hollywood’s reluctance to produce African-American films (one reason is their lack of overseas acceptance), black audiences are enthusiastic about franchises like Tyler Perry’s “Madea” franchise and films like the Weinstein Company’s recent success, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler.”

And yet only a few urban movies are actually given the opportunity to test the market.

“If studios are willing to spend the money to build awareness for black movie stars and directors, black American film culture will travel,” producer Stephanie Allain (“Hustle & Flow”) recently told the New York Times.

Fox Searchlight is hoping audiences remain strong this Thanksgiving when it releases the musical drama “Black Nativity,” starring Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker and Jennifer Hudson.

Based on the Langston Hughes play, “Black Nativity” opens nationwide Nov. 27.

oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 9:53am
I enjoyed the movie. It was highly emotional towards the end.
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 1:29pm
Can someone tell me the name of the book Taye Diggs read to Morris Chestnuts kids....

Something about the zodiac....

decemberdiamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decemberdiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:17pm
I cried almost the entire movie, I went in with low expectations but I actually really enjoyed the movie and got much more emotional then I expected. Good job to the entire cast
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:19pm
Nobody goin' to see Black Nativity with J Hud screamin' ass. 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:34pm
Did y'all see the two Kevin Hart movies in the trailers?
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:40pm
Great movie. I love terrance howard. He was hilarious. Nia's dude made me wanna go to team swirl.
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Did y'all see the two Kevin Hart movies in the trailers?

He was in 3 movie trailers when I went:

Ride Along
The movie with Michael Ealy
The one with Slyvester Stallone

And I know he's working on one with Will Farrell to be released next year too AND Think Like A Man Too

Kevin Hart gonna be eating good next year. 

Edited by Luv2Teach - Nov 17 2013 at 3:49pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>