Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Best Man Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.90  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

The only real flaw of this movie is the cast. And I don't mean that the cast was bad. The cast was excellent. You just can tell that the first movie was made for the cast to fit the story. This second movie was made for the story to fit the cast.

They really didn't need every single returning character to have a storyline or character-arc. Nia Long (with her boyfriend and commitment issues) and Melissa De Sousa's storylines (with her daughter and other drama) could have been cut completely, and it would have made the central story much tighter, with less dramatic tone shifts and distractions. The sub-storyline of Nia Long and Monica's friendship could have been explored more instead of the relationship with a boyfriend we barely see or care about. I guess the writers/director felt that if they got the entire cast together, they had to write them each significant storylines.

This felt like a directors edition instead of a theatrical version because of how overstuffed it was. It's hard to even say what the climax of the movie was because there was about 15 more minutes of storyline and emotional highs after what should have been the climax. Shave 20 minutes off the movie and get rid of the repetition and scenes that just didn't fit (last scene with Terrence and Melissa) and the movie would have been much better.

That said, I did enjoy it. Loved the music, especially the Christmas songs and the New Edition scene.  Terrence Howard stole the show. And there were some beautifully acted scenes from Regina, Monica, Morris, Taye Diggs, and Terrence. I actually was surprised at the football scene. It was well filmed for the most part.

Oh yeah, one other minor complaint. The casting for the children was awfulLOLLOL. I mean I understand kids can look different from their parents, but that little boy was supposed to be Morris and Monica's son?CryLOL

Spoiler below

It's a shame Nia and Taye Diggs never hooked up. They have the best sexual chemistry of anyone in the movies, including all of the married couples. I really don't see any chemistry between Taye Diggs and Sanna's character.

Yes, I agree completely. I felt like the scene between Monica De Sousa and Regina Hall was a bit much also. It could have been toned down a lot more and fit better.
As far as those light skinned children when they popped up on screen I said to my BFF "who picknee dat?" At the exact same time another guy said "I know those aren't theirs." and the whole row started laughing.

How many years do you think we will wait for the next one?
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 7:52am
I think the next one will come quick.
They gotta get it while it's hot. 

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 7:55am
Yeah if another one is going to come at all, it's going to have to be 2014/2015.

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 8:56am
I think there will be part also. And we already know the bride and groom.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 9:30am
I kept waiting for them to say the two light skinned babies were adopted which wouldn't have been a real stretch at all with them being wealthy and do-gooders.  

I felt like they ran out of time to explore a few things (you guys are right some scenes could have been cut to make room) but overall fans of the previous movie will automatically fill that stuff in in their headLOL
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

I am sure it will do well in the box office. I went to a prescreening party that was supposed to be 200 people and they oversold it to about 500 people.They had to change the venue and the theater to accommodate. The line was so long and full that people kept coming up to us and asking if someone famous was inside. Because of the demand they added more viewings and it ended up being a disorganized mess. I ended up mustering the rude New Yorker in me and got my friends to bud the line of like 200 people. Everyone in the theater was pissed and complaining about how the movie better be good after all they put us through. Everyone I was seated next to was pleased.

Yes!!  This is amazing too because you don't  normally see this for an all black cast.  It was playing in 3 diff large screens rooms starting about 1 hour apart where I live which is AMAZING.   The screen me and my gf were in was packed. 
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 12:17pm
I thought it was wonderful!

Had me bawling even thought predictable.

I also love Anthony Hamilton and Marsha's rendition of As.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 7:31pm
Thumbs Up
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 7:53pm
CryCryCryCryCryCry 

dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I kept waiting for them to say the two light skinned babies were adopted which wouldn't have been a real stretch at all with them being wealthy and do-gooders.  

I felt like they ran out of time to explore a few things (you guys are right some scenes could have been cut to make room) but overall fans of the previous movie will automatically fill that stuff in in their headLOL

I swear I kept saying the same thing! I still believe the kids are adopted
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>