Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Best Man Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.90  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 7:27pm
I'm a punk so I cried like a full fledge sucker
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

dang how many males from the cast are in bhms honorary coon club ?
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

dang how many males from the cast are in bhms honorary coon club ?

3 of 4.

Thank gawd for the beautiful Morris Chestnut amen sir.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 10:09pm
I HeartHeartHeart'd this movie

I laughed my ass off and cried my ass off.   What a beautiful talented group of people (coons included).  Terrence really was extremely funny though.   He played his comic relief role very well and very true to the Q we love to hate.   Everybody was great IMO - Monica, Nia, Sanaa, Regina, Melissa, Harold, Taye, Morris and all the babies, so cute!!   Loved it and them!!!  Very proud to see us represented as real people doing real sh*t Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

People will go back and forth that this was predictable, too long, too much this, too little of that etc. etc but in the end it will go down as a classic all black film, well done.   I really hope it does well at the box office.  That would be awesome.

Now I'm going to take my emotional ass to bedLOL

ETA:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Bring tissues I guessShocked

Confirmed!  If you tend to cry in the movies you'll need it.   I didn't have nearly enough!!! 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Nov 15 2013 at 10:13pm
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 1:39am
The only real flaw of this movie is the cast. And I don't mean that the cast was bad. The cast was excellent. You just can tell that the first movie was made for the cast to fit the story. This second movie was made for the story to fit the cast.

They really didn't need every single returning character to have a storyline or character-arc. Nia Long (with her boyfriend and commitment issues) and Melissa De Sousa's storylines (with her daughter and other drama) could have been cut completely, and it would have made the central story much tighter, with less dramatic tone shifts and distractions. The sub-storyline of Nia Long and Monica's friendship could have been explored more instead of the relationship with a boyfriend we barely see or care about. I guess the writers/director felt that if they got the entire cast together, they had to write them each significant storylines.

This felt like a directors edition instead of a theatrical version because of how overstuffed it was. It's hard to even say what the climax of the movie was because there was about 15 more minutes of storyline and emotional highs after what should have been the climax. Shave 20 minutes off the movie and get rid of the repetition and scenes that just didn't fit (last scene with Terrence and Melissa) and the movie would have been much better.

That said, I did enjoy it. Loved the music, especially the Christmas songs and the New Edition scene.  Terrence Howard stole the show. And there were some beautifully acted scenes from Regina, Monica, Morris, Taye Diggs, and Terrence. I actually was surprised at the football scene. It was well filmed for the most part.

Oh yeah, one other minor complaint. The casting for the children was awfulLOLLOL. I mean I understand kids can look different from their parents, but that little boy was supposed to be Morris and Monica's son?CryLOL

Spoiler below

It's a shame Nia and Taye Diggs never hooked up. They have the best sexual chemistry of anyone in the movies, including all of the married couples. I really don't see any chemistry between Taye Diggs and Sanna's character.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Nov 16 2013 at 1:53am
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 1:55am
Loved the movie!!
For me it was about seeing the cast together again :)
yes some thing's could of been left out and sure some thing's were predictable but I'll always be a fan of movies with a black cast :)
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 1:57am
It was okay...I could have wait for dvd, but I'm not a big movie person like that anyway. Yes, I agree about the kids. I guess they wanted to even out the mom and dad. The DNA didn't match with the kids like that lol.. Terrance always bring the comedic flow in the movie...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 2:15am
Yes RT....their two light skint childrens.....I was like...."who kids are those?"

Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 5:38am
Yes!!! Me and my friend were speculating if maybe they were adopted lol
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 7:29am

I HeartHeartHeart'd this movie

I laughed my ass off and cried my ass off.   What a beautiful talented group of people (coons included).  Terrence really was extremely funny though.   He played his comic relief role very well and very true to the Q we love to hate.   Everybody was great IMO - Monica, Nia, Sanaa, Regina, Melissa, Harold, Taye, Morris and all the babies, so cute!!   Loved it and them!!!  Very proud to see us represented as real people doing real sh*t Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

People will go back and forth that this was predictable, too long, too much this, too little of that etc. etc but in the end it will go down as a classic all black film, well done.   I really hope it does well at the box office.  That would be awesome.

Now I'm going to take my emotional ass to bedLOL

ETA:

Bring tissues I guessShocked

Confirmed!  If you tend to cry in the movies you'll need it.   I didn't have nearly enough!!! 

I am sure it will do well in the box office. I went to a prescreening party that was supposed to be 200 people and they oversold it to about 500 people.They had to change the venue and the theater to accommodate. The line was so long and full that people kept coming up to us and asking if someone famous was inside. Because of the demand they added more viewings and it ended up being a disorganized mess. I ended up mustering the rude New Yorker in me and got my friends to bud the line of like 200 people. Everyone in the theater was pissed and complaining about how the movie better be good after all they put us through. Everyone I was seated next to was pleased.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Nov 16 2013 at 7:41am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>