Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Best Man Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.90  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:31am
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

The movie was predictable to me as I was able to figure the ending within the first 30 minutes, but I do this with most movies so it may not be that way for others.

I noticed most black made movies are predictable...I loved This Christmas but I was bored at the end at how everything turned out to be so easy....as if an army guy who leaves without authorization can simply go back home because it is Christmas...

I thought in watching Best Man Holiday, but I will wait until it is on RedboxLOL
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 12:11pm

Morris Chestnut Returns To The Spotlight In 'The Best Man Holiday'

By JESSICA HERNDON 11/14/13 09:25 AM ET EST AP

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Back in 2012, while filming "The Best Man Holiday," Morris Chestnut and Nia Long became increasingly nostalgic.

It had been 14 years since the release of Malcolm D. Lee's 1999 hit, "The Best Man," and 21 years since the actors were first-time co-stars in John Singleton's street-life classic "Boyz n the Hood."

"There was a moment when we were shooting in a limo and Nia looked at me and said, 'You are a man now!'" recalled Chestnut with a chuckle during a recent interview. "We are in such different places in our lives and careers now. We're fortunate to still be here."

Chestnut, Long and the entire original cast of "The Best Man" — Taye Diggs, Terrence Howard, Sanaa Lathan, Harold Perrineau, Regina Hall, Monica Calhoun and Melissa De Sousa — return in the Christmas-themed "The Best Man Holiday," opening Friday.

Although other follow-up films have come years after their originals — September's "Riddick," for example — the long-awaited "Best Man" reunion is a relatively rare feat, especially for a predominantly African-American cast.

"When the DVD market went down (in 2009), there were less and less urban movies getting made," said Chestnut of the lack of black ensemble films. "Tyler Perry was the only one really making (these) movies."

Lee, "The Best Man Holiday's" writer-director, struggled to get his sequel backed by a studio. The heartbreaking nature of the story-line, which was far from the jolly tale distributors were expecting, didn't help his cause.

Still, Universal Pictures went for the film, but only after the entire cast came to the studio for a reading.

"They understood what the movie was and what it could be," said Lee of the studio's response to the reading. "However, we know it's hard to get people to go see a film with a primarily black cast that doesn't star Will Smith or Denzel Washington."

When Chestnut portrayed Ricky Baker in 1991's "Boyz n the Hood," he became a talked-about young actor on the rise. After landing a few supporting parts in films like "The Inkwell" and "G.I. Jane," he won leading roles in "The Brothers" and "Two Can Play That Game" and was soon type-cast as the heartthrob.

"At the time, I didn't realize I was doing all romantic comedies," said Chestnut. "But I'd go to set and not really respect what I was doing. I didn't see it as a challenge. It was like, 'Go sit there and kiss Vivica Fox. Go sit there and joke with Gabrielle Union.'"

Though he became a household name among African-Americans, Chestnut didn't have the box office draw of a Smith or Washington.

"I woke up one day and was like, 'OK, I had fun, but I didn't really fit anything meaningful in there," Chestnut said. "It was a lesson learned."

He's since appeared in films like "Think Like a Man," ''Identity Thief" and "Ladder 49," and on TV shows such as "V," ''American Horror Story" and "Nurse Jackie." But he still fights for roles.

"It's a never-ending story," said Chestnut, who admires the talent of "Best Man" co-star Howard.

"He's a different cat," Chestnut said of the Oscar-nominated actor. "We call Terrence the beautiful mind because sometimes a person can be so brilliant that it is hard for them to stay focused. ... When you say 'action' he is so phenomenally present, but when you say 'cut,' he is phenomenally detached."

As Lance, the devoted football star in "The Best Man Holiday," Chestnut "had to have his poker face on and cracks in the armor," said Lee. "He played all of that beautifully. He was extremely serious."

Yet he couldn't evade his hunky habits. The 44-year-old, who lost 30 pounds for the part, goes shirtless in the film.

"We didn't shoot that scene until the second to last week of production!" said Chestnut. "Maintaining a diet and exercise routine at my age is a lot. I couldn't cheat."

But it was all in a day's work. "This movie was fun and emotional," said Chestnut. "To be able to go deep into this character and see my development as an actor at this stage in my career — 20 years in — I'm very fortunate for that."

___

Follow AP Film Writer Jessica Herndon on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/SomeKind

Bring tissues I guessShocked

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:22pm
they are on Dr. Oz today, now. Morris and Oz just had a 1-leg-in-the-air push up contest. Oh my @ Morris. I love a man that can do a bunch of push ups!

Edited by PurplePhase - Nov 15 2013 at 1:23pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:46pm
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:19pm
That was a long ass movie.
It was predictable, but all these types of movies are.
It was good.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 5:20pm
Girl, Eddie been fine! Tongue

I saw the movie with my girlfriends. It was actually pretty good. A lot better than I thought it would be, actually. Some parts were predictable, but all in all I thought it was put together well.

IA that all the characters were great in their roles.

HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 6:54pm
Looks like a good movie. I won't be watching it in the theater unless someone takes me lol. Otherwise ill wait til the lank gets uploaded online

I never even saw the first one. BET just had it on today. Hopefully they'll repeat it this weekend

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 6:57pm
dang how many males from the cast are in bhms honorary coon club ?
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 6:59pm
IMO It was alright...there were too many story lines and seemed to have like 3 different endings but kept going lol...The parts that would make you want to cry was quickly booted for another topic or whatever..there were some funny moments. It was predictable and there were a couple of things in the movie that were not believable or just didn't make sense. I thought it was ok overall, but it was good to see the cast together again. 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

IMO It was alright...there were too many story lines and seemed to have like 3 different endings but kept going lol...The parts that would make you want to cry was quickly booted for another topic or whatever..there were some funny moments. It was predictable and there were a couple of things in the movie that were not believable or just didn't make sense. I thought it was ok overall, but it was good to see the cast together again. 

Bout to get ready to leave to see it. This is what I'm expecting. Liking that I'm seeing the cast together but not much else.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>