Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Best lace wig websites in the UK?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best lace wig websites in the UK?
    Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:12pm
Last time I ordered from California Lace wigs but I can't afford to spend $575 on a wig again (her prices are high?) and then the $105 fed ex shipping on top! I didn't receive what I had ordered anyway and am looking for a new place to buy from, this time in the Uk to avoid shipping. I need somewhere that gives the option of european hair (or something that will match what my real texture is as my hair as is european), transparent lace etc. 

I have looked through these forums and gone through the list of vendors but none of the websites were in the UK. I have looked at UKLW (Uk lace wigs) but thats really the only one that seems to remotely offer what I want.
Sponsored Links

Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:15pm
just looked again at UKLW and their prices are just as high if not higher and the hair quality looks rubbish.
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:32pm
I live next door in The Netherlands. Hi!

I never order from local vendors - I allllllllways order directly from a CV (Chinese Vendor) so the price is  more like $250 (including shipping) which is more like 155 British pounds. But then you have to 'doctor' on it yourself because you have cut out the UK middleman.

Call me a control freak .. (I like doctoring) but it is much cheaper.

Edited by Becky - Jan 04 2013 at 7:35pm
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:40pm
Could you please PM the vendor you use? I have looked at jacksun and rex and dont like the look of their hair/websites and payment methods etc. Thats why I ordered from an AV as Im confused about how the whole CV thing works. Id really appreciate any help/advice you could give me. So nervous to order from a CV without any proper websites and paypal etc. I like super thick european feel/looking hair in honey/dark blonde, straight and want it to last. I have been searching this website and all of the vendors for DAYS and keep going back to California lace wigs for some reason! 
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:40pm
what do you mean by 'doctor' on it yourself? 
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:50pm
What texture do you buy?
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Aphelion Aphelion wrote:

what do you mean by 'doctor' on it yourself? 

She means to tweek it (styling, cutting layers...) yourself.
bellabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 3:32pm
www.bargainlacewigs.co.uk

Good hair and great customer service
CherryAde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryAde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 4:09pm
I'm based in the UK and I always use CV's.. I only ever use UK Vendors in emergencies seeing as they get their stock from CV's anyways and the quality of teh CV's that they use is not up to my standards.

If you want to enjoy lace wigs, you MUST learn to tweak or else you're never going to be happy with what you get. I started out wanting vendors to bleach knots, dye, thin hairlines and layer before sending to me but quickly realised they usually do more harm than good when attempting these things (if they attemp at all!) lol so I had to learn to do these things myself.

Don't let your experience with CLW put you off so easily. I feel it for you as it was alot of money but units can be hit and miss. $105 for shipping is ridiculous... Most I've ever paid from an AV is about $50.

Bargain Lace Wigs, I've used them before an dthe hair is only ice until you wash it tehn it dries up, tangles and sheds like crazy.

In saying that though, our hair requirements are different as I like KS hair which requires an ample amount of procesing... Maybe as you are getting hair closer to its natural state, you will like

Also, not many vendors stock transparent lace (usually has to be custom ordered) so beware of UK Vendors tryna pass of light brown lace as transparent just to get the sale

HTH

The UK is pretty behind with LW's and I am yet to find a vendor that can match my CV orders in quality or price.

ETA - Most Cv's accept Pypal but don't necessarily advertise it on their website

Edited by CherryAde - Jan 08 2013 at 4:14pm
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:56pm
I have found lots of darker wigs that look beautiful on the CV's websites but all of the blonde wigs are that bleach blonde color :( unhealthy looking, thin, frazzled and horrible.  

Like this: (looks unhealthy, ends arent so nice, thin, yellow blonde, Im getting so frustrated)

I want this, exactly this lol but in a very natural looking, honey blonde (not yellow blonde at all). I love the ends of this wig, thick, not stringy looking or thin. The hair looks thick, sleek, long. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic