FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Kinky Straight Hair???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
tvlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Kinky Straight Hair???
    Posted: May 16 2013 at 1:06pm
I'm natural 3c/4a hair. I want to get a straight weave or make a u-part wig.  Any suggestions on the best kinky straight hair that would blend well with natural hair?
Sponsored Links

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 3:07pm
pinkowinko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkowinko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 5:20pm
I purchased the Kinky Straight from Hair Esthetic in 2011. After two installs, I then used it to make clip-ins which I still wear frequently. The hair can get dry, but that's easily cured with a deep condition. If their quality has remained the same, I personally recommend their hair. 

I also wore Senghori Shells for a bit. I must say, I wasn't as impressed as many other report to be. They aren't very generous with length (if you order 16, expect it to be 14, perhaps 15 in some areas. With Hair Esthetic,  I received an additional inch on the length I ordered). I also experienced some shedding, and the hair simply refuses to hold a curl.  It does however blend well with 4 textured hair that's been straightened.

In an effort to try different vendors, I am currently waiting for 2 bundles of Kinky Straight from KevinCN. It's been 2 weeks, so hopefully by the end of the month, I'll be able to provide an initial review. This is my first time directly ordering from a CV so I'm both nervous and excited. 

Btw - I should mention, the coarse yaki at kinkycurlyyaki.com is looking extremely tempting these days. 

Edited by pinkowinko - May 16 2013 at 5:24pm
tvlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 7:52pm
I was eying the kinky straight on hair esthetic, may have to go ahead and order it.
materialistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 10:46pm
I recently ordered (last year) some kinky straight (cuticle remy) from HE last year and had a not so pleasant experience. The hair was mad thin even after I split the wefts so 8oz will be needed. The hair was so poofy at the ends. it was horrible and it wouldn't hold curl so I kept my hair in a bun 99% of the time.
MissLDB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLDB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 10:06am
I have tried hair esthetic and senghori shells. I haven't had a bad experience with either. I will say that the senghori shells holds a better curl. If you are looking for Farrar Fawcett-esqe curls, I have yet to personallu use a kinky straight that will do it. My most recent purchase of senghori shells was a color 1 vs 1b. Crazy as it may sound, this jet black hair will hold a curl. I had to run across the parking lot to get in kine for graduation and I still had curls when I walked across the stage. Not sure if it is the dye or what, but it definitely held a curl. My hair esthetic hair would have been poofy! I want to try glamourhouseofhair. I follow uniquemonique on instagram. A lot of her clients wear senghori shells and glamour house of hair.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 9:36pm
how about some janet king yaki

Edited by naturesgift - May 17 2013 at 9:57pm
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 11:14am
Glamour House of Hair Radiance... Out of all the
KS's I've tried ... This behaves the best .
My only concern in hair availability .
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 3:48am
Originally posted by pinkowinko pinkowinko wrote:

I purchased the Kinky Straight from Hair Esthetic in 2011. After two installs, I then used it to make clip-ins which I still wear frequently. The hair can get dry, but that's easily cured with a deep condition. If their quality has remained the same, I personally recommend their hair. 

I also wore Senghori Shells for a bit. I must say, I wasn't as impressed as many other report to be. They aren't very generous with length (if you order 16, expect it to be 14, perhaps 15 in some areas. With Hair Esthetic,  I received an additional inch on the length I ordered). I also experienced some shedding, and the hair simply refuses to hold a curl.  It does however blend well with 4 textured hair that's been straightened.

In an effort to try different vendors, I am currently waiting for 2 bundles of Kinky Straight from KevinCN. It's been 2 weeks, so hopefully by the end of the month, I'll be able to provide an initial review. This is my first time directly ordering from a CV so I'm both nervous and excited. 

Btw - I should mention, the coarse yaki at kinkycurlyyaki.com is looking extremely tempting these days. 

NOOOO!!!!!  I really hope KevinCN has gotten his act together since he sent me my kinky straight hair.  The hair tangled and crawled up my neck.  It shed like a dog.  I tried to die it black and I had to take it out 1 week later because the shedding was entirely too much.  There was absolutely nothing I could do to salvage that hair and I had a hell of a time trying to take it out because it was matted.
pinkowinko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkowinko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 1:32am
Oh no, that's absolutely terrible! Thanks for giving me a heads up though. When did you purchase your hair? Which lengths did you install? Ugh, hair is such a gamble. I'll report back once i have the hair sewn in. 

Edited by pinkowinko - May 20 2013 at 1:37am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic