Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
jamara0120 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Any pics of the cuticle aligned hair vs. noncuticle aligned hair?

I want to know this too. Ladies, please do share.
Sponsored Links

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 2:10pm
This is what I found on cuticle aligned hair.

Good to know info!

Human Cuticle Hair: This hair is also known as Directional Hair. The hair cuticle remains intact during processing therefore this hair is very high quality because extra care was taken during processing to keep the individual hair strands flowing in one direction allowing the cuticle layers to remain undisturbed and perfectly aligned. If the hair cuticles do not flow in the same direction the cuticles can interlock which will lead to tangling and matting. So although it helps to know if the cuticle of the hair is intact, it is better to know if the cuticle is laying in the same direction.

Regular Human Hair: When the manufacturers of hair realized how involved the process of protecting the hair cuticle is they came up with a brainstorm, remove the cuticle and replace it with a layer of silicone to make it soft and shiny. Extra time was not needed to make sure the cuticle was aligned because they simply stripped the cuticle from the hair and this allowed the hair to become less expensive. Now, there is nothing wrong with less expensive hair, but the reality is that if you want hair that will last any length of time and more than after a few shampoos you may want to reconsider your investment. The silicone on this hair will eventually wash away. The cuticle on this hair may also at times be left intact, it is important to know if the cuticle is laying in different directions or is “Multi-Directional” hair meaning that the cuticle is intact, but going in two different directions along the length of the hair.

Remy Hair – Remi Hair: (“Remis” correct spelling, pronounced “Rem ee”) If you have looked up the words “Remy” and “Remi” in the dictionary chances are you did not have much luck with their meaning pertaining to hair. The actual term comes from the French word “Remettre” which means “Put Back” or “Re Put”. Centuries ago wig makers used hair from Women that saved hair from hair brushing. Each individual hair was carefully inspected for the root bulb on the end of each strand so that the hair could be aligned in one direction making sure that the hair cuticles did not snag by hair strands laying in different directions. Very hard, tedious work, but the reason France became famous for their excellent wig making skills. Imagine! Placing each strand of hair under a magnifying glass or micro-scope to check for the root follicle or root bulb at the end of it. The truth is that true remis hair has not been seen much in many, many years as the hair is now cut or shaved from the head. Why is this term still used? Remis hair was reputed to be the very best available. The term now means correctly aligned root end to point.

Edited by jamara0120 - May 19 2010 at 2:10pm
BlackstarBlue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by jamara0120 jamara0120 wrote:

I want to know this too. Ladies, please do share.

I thought there was a test as opposed to a visual.

I just googled

Cuticle Test

The majority of “human hair” sold over-the-counter is non-cuticle hair. Most hair sold in stores has been stripped of its cuticle by using an acid bath.

To ensure the quality of your product, verify that the hair has the cuticle in tact. To test for a cuticle, obtain a small strand of hair and place it between your fingers. Slowly slide your fingers up the strand. If the hair bunches up, the cuticle is in tact. If your fingers slide smoothly, the cuticle has been removed

I'm sure i saw another test someone else
Boujoichic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 2:20pm

Well I dont think its something that can really be illustrated in pics cuticles themselves can only be seen under magnification. Cuticle aligned hair means all the cuticles are going in the same direction they basically carefully collect the hair in ponytails to keep it aligned. The difference is in the way the hair behaves non cuticle aligned hair will tangle like crazy and crawl up your back throughout the day. You would be trying to beat it back with a comb and brush all day. But freshly combed the cuticle aligned and non aligned would look the same when the crawling starts is when you can tell he difference. Hope this helps.
MsDLO View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 4:12pm

IMO, Rex!

Why?

He gives you exactly what you ask for...
If you DO NOT specify 'cutical aligned' be ready to receive normal remy hair prone to tangle up into a rats nest!!!

I have advised ladies when ordering from any CV (in particular Rex)

Start of with the following sentence.....

'....... I would like to order, VIRGIN Malaysian CUTICALLY ALIGNED hair that is processed to an Italian Yaki/KS/Curly.........'

You will notice a SIGNIFICANT difference in price when you state the above compared to just saying......

' I want Malaysian Italian Yaki hair ......'

Rex has Always delivered quality goods for me.....

It all comes down to how you communicate with CV's and your wording... Be Very specific or you will get any old thing...Ouch

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by MsDLO MsDLO wrote:

IMO, Rex!

Why?

He gives you exactly what you ask for...
If you DO NOT specify 'cutical aligned' be ready to receive normal remy hair prone to tangle up into a rats nest!!!

I have advised ladies when ordering from any CV (in particular Rex)

Start of with the following sentence.....

'....... I would like to order, VIRGIN Malaysian CUTICALLY ALIGNED hair that is processed to an Italian Yaki/KS/Curly.........'

You will notice a SIGNIFICANT difference in price when you state the above compared to just saying......

' I want Malaysian Italian Yaki hair ......'

Rex has Always delivered quality goods for me.....

It all comes down to how you communicate with CV's and your wording... Be Very specific or you will get any old thing...Ouch

This is great!
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 5:29pm

IA TOO^

lattabody View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 5:30pm
what abut jacksun
datatlantachick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 5:30pm
tellem!
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 5:41pm
Well I've ordered various textures from KevinCN (KS & Spanish Wavy) and never had a problem (although I never said cuticle aligned either). I've never had neck creep and both of them have lasted (at this point) well over a year. The waiting time & his Western Union policy is a drawback, but otherwise it's well worth the effort.

But as others have said, be specific in what you're asking for - otherwise you leave it up to chance. Ask as many questions as it takes to get your questions answered. And get everything in writing, and even if it's annoying, re-confirm everything and ask them to specifiy "is this correct" and get their confirmation before submitting money. And if all else fails, get a picture of the style you're going for, and say "I want exactly what is shown in this picture - can you exactly replicate the color/texture/length/etc. that's shown here?" Don't leave anything up for interpretation!

That's what I did. :)

Edit: If you send a pic make sure it has good lighting...sending a pic of someone from BHM that's taken by a mobile phone or a webcam is a bad idea!LOL

Edited by modelbusiness82 - May 19 2010 at 5:43pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic