Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Belladonna Extensions Curly Hair Gives Me Life!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Belladonna Extensions Curly Hair Gives Me Life!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

*sigh*  I don't want to be messy, but I'm just going to do it.  CurvyGirl27, is this your business?  I mean such a detailed review, and every answer to people's questions seemed like a pitch....idk  You seem very polite and articulate in your review, and so does the owner (in her emails).

I got the same vibe Confused but carry on..... Even when all I did was make a statement about the price increase not making a lick of sense she got defensive like Nancy Grace Shocked. Then kinda got nasty and told me she Hopes my dupes ends are curled like hers Confused

I started to Pull the shade down but I said to myself  Grace why would you even pretend to argue about some Eurasian CryCurly hair in the first place. 

I slightly raised my brow when the other poster said she found a forever vendor when she hasn't even installed her bundles. 

Its been said before but anything other than singing vendors praises nowadays will have you losing any type of religion you trying to have

Exactly
Sponsored Links

CurvyGirl27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CurvyGirl27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:20pm

*sigh*  I don't want to be messy, but I'm just going to do it.  CurvyGirl27, is this your business?  I mean such a detailed review, and every answer to people's questions seemed like a pitch....idk  You seem very polite and articulate in your review, and so does the owner (in her emails).

I don't take offense to your question because I understand the dynamics of this board. But I will say that I do not get involved in mess or drama on here, never have and never will. For the past year and a half that I have been on here I've been an active member (have lurked for much longer), its been to learn and give my knowledge to others. I have not tried to twist anyone's arm to tell them to purchase from this business or anything of the sort, I just shared my experience because there was an entire thread with people looking for curly hair. It's possible had that thread not even come up, I wouldn't have even mentioned it, and even then, I only chose to post a detailed review because I had a ton of PMs and people asking me about my experience and to post pictures. Prior to that coming up I didn't mention a single word about this business or my hair. 

I chose to post a detailed review about my experience because of the ones I've read that have helped me. The first person that comes to mind is MsMahoganyRed. She posts very detailed reviews and photos and I love reading her reviews because they basically tell you everything you could want or need to know about the hair. People seem to appreciate reviews like this, so that's why I chose to do mine like that. 

I got the same vibe Confused but carry on..... Even when all I did was make a statement about the price increase not making a lick of sense she got defensive like Nancy Grace Shocked. Then kinda got nasty and told me she Hopes my dupes ends are curled like hers Confused

I started to Pull the shade down but I said to myself  Grace why would you even pretend to argue about some Eurasian CryCurly hair in the first place. 

I slightly raised my brow when the other poster said she found a forever vendor when she hasn't even installed her bundles. 

Its been said before but anything other than singing vendors praises nowadays will have you losing any type of religion you trying to have. 

I do not believe I got defensive or nasty with you and if you took it that way, it was probably because there's no emotion in words. When I mentioned about the ends of your hair being curly, that was actually sincere. I was telling you that I know sometimes vendors drop the ball when it gets to the ends and from what I've seen of the ringlets on the hair, that's what makes the curls everything. I was just trying to be helpful, but again, you're just reading what I've typed so maybe it didn't seem that way to you. 

There's nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, but what I think is what really turns people off about this board and why the traffic has died down so much, is that there's always so much negativity and drama. Everything doesn't have to turn into an argument. People do not know how to have a discussion and just move on. Everything isn't meant to be an argument or to come off rude. I have no desire to argue with you or anyone else. I don't do drama...especially on a message board. I just shared my experience and somehow that's turning into mess by people being negative for no apparent reason other than the fact that they can. Well if I have offended you Grace or anyone else, then I apologize. I will not say anything else on the matter. 
yunvme2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yunvme2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:22pm

I started to Pull the shade down but I said to myself  Grace why would you even pretend to argue about some Eurasian CryCurly hair in the first place. 

Its been said before but anything other than singing vendors praises nowadays will have you losing any type of religion you trying to have. 

To be exact I was responding to another post stating that they hoped there quality did not decline do to the orders increasing my exact words were "I have seen so many companies fall apart with too many orders hopefully this will not be the case because I was just feeling like I have found a long time vendor" 

And let me clarify maybe I was not clear but the vendor will only be added to my personal vendor list if there quality remains good after my install. I do believe thus far the hair is of good quality and I have my fingers crossed that it will remain that way but we all know that only time will tell. I am not new to the hair game and things have gone to the left many times with the vendors that I have purchased from over the years but I choose to always remain positive and hopeful about things and give some vendors not all the benefit of the doubt based on my own experiences with them. I am only giving my opinion. I have been sent hair that was crap right out of the package and have taken a loss with purchasing hair on Ali honestly it was refreshing to open up the package to see professionally wrapped and good smelling hair and I was excited and wanted to share my experience. So please don't confuse my excitement with working for the vendor. I had been looking at and emailing this vendor far before a post had been made here on BHM I am certainly hoping my purchase was worth every dime I spent. 
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:38pm
One responded in 16 , the other in 14....

FYI , I aint reading none of neither one of them posts cause something aint right with none of this "drama" .

You "ladies" have a wonderful day.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by CurvyGirl27 CurvyGirl27 wrote:

I’ve gotten a lot of PMs for pictures and the background on my Belladonna Extensions Eurasian Curly so I decided to do a detailed review on my hair and experience with the company. If I don’t cover something you want to know, just ask in this thread and I’ll answer. Wink

These are photos of the unit I made after first getting the hair. This is what it looked like after being cowashed and plopped on a towel to air dry. In these photos I’ve just kinda fluffed/pulled the curls apart. No products have been used on the hair.  

How the hair came packaged. Bundles inside a plastic bag and plastic bag inside a satin bag. I give a more detailed description of this in the body of the review. 

These are photos of the unit after I cowashed, plopped and let it air dry a few days ago. I wanted to show what the hair looks like now compared to how it looked when I first got it. I suggest putting the hair on a wig cap and making a unit because it’s easier to plop it that way. 

These are photos of me wearing the unit. Please excuse the blending I just put it on quickly (so I didn’t have time to rod my leave out) to take the photos to do this review, so you could get an idea of what it would like. 

How I Heard About The Company:

I heard about the company from a new stylist I visited. I’d had some Filipino hair that I wanted her to sew in for me and that sparked a conversation on different hair types, origins, etc., and led to me telling her of my struggle to find good curly hair. She mentioned that one of her customers had come in with some really pretty curly hair and she’d asked her where she’d purchased it from and it was Belladonna Extensions. I went home the same day and Googled them. I found thr website to be nice and professional which was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately I didn’t find much about the company at all other than their website, but the lack of social media sites really made me pause. For someone who has played the guinea pig a few times I definitely wasn’t in the mood to play it again, but I kept staring at the photos of the hair and considering the price…those beautiful curls were silently whispering my name. The temptation was just so strong that I decided to reach out the company. I asked every question I could possibly think of and all were answered promptly and politely. I was mostly sold from the photos, but the customer service really sealed the deal. The cherry on the top was knowing that I could purchase through PayPal. That was the last push I needed to take the plunge, and I’m so damn glad I did!

What I Ordered:

I purchased 4 bundles of Eurasian Curly hair in an 18”, 20”, 22” and 24”. I used the 18”, 22” and 24” and a small piece of the 20”. I would definitely say that 3 bundles are more than enough for the lengths I ordered. I like really big, full hair, but found that this hair has a lot of volume to it and using all of those bundles would’ve puffed me up like a lion and been too much for me to handle, lol.

First Impressions on the Hair:

I received the hair about a week after purchasing (weekend included). It came in a purple envelope. Upon opening the package, there was a large satin bag inside. I was immediately impressed because the bag had the company name printed on it. This let me know that the business has obviously invested in their brand which suggested to me the quality of their products would meet a certain standard also. Upon opening the big satin bag, I had four plastic sealed pouches inside (which were also printed with the company name), that contained the bundles of hair inside. Each bundle had a hair tag that told me the style and length of each piece fastened on by a purple ribbon tied to the hair. When I first seen the hair I immediately noticed it was soft and the hair strands were thick. It did not look like some run of the mill Chinese hair I’m used to seeing. It did not have the terrible corn chip smell, or any other odor for that matter. The bundles were all around a #2 in color, I could easily tell that it was virgin hair. There were no fillers in the hair. It’s double wefted and appears to have hidden beards. At first I wasn’t sure what to expect because it was still in its original form, much like how raw hair doesn’t really come to life until after the co-wash. My fear during this stage was that I would wash the hair and it would still have the processed look to it. Well, that was a baseless fear because as soon as water hit the hair and I started combing through it I seen those beautiful ringlets coming to life throughout the hair.

During the Cowash:

While washing the hair, the water ran clear, which reaffirmed to me it was in fact virgin and had not been dyed. I experienced a little bit of shedding when washing the bundles but this didn’t concern me because it was the first wash, curly hair, and I was running my fingers through it, pulling on the hair very tightly to check for excessive shedding. I didn’t experience anything remotely close to what I would consider excessive. I didn’t experience any tangling at all while washing and combing through the bundles. After washing I brushed with a Denman brush and it really brought out the ringlets in the hair, so I definitely recommend this type of brush.
*I dyed the hair with Revlon’s Blue Black color. It took the color well and did not affect the curl pattern*

Install:

I decided I would put the hair on a unit because I’ve found getting curly hair installed makes the maintenance more difficult. I made the unit myself on a regular spandex wig cap, nothing fancy. I wanted to do Ivy’s flipover method so I sewed it according to that standard. I put combs in the wig and braided my hair underneath so I wouldn’t have to sew it down. I am relaxed so to blend I use Olive Oil Wrap/Set Foam and use perm rods to make blending easier. This works well.

Wearing the Hair:

This hair has honestly been a dream. It is so soft and the curls are so pretty. I get compliments on it all the time. People actually think it’s my real hair. I don’t experience any shedding at all (I sealed my wefts), and tangling is not an issue. The only time I may hit a few snags is when the hair has gone a bit without a cowash and I can tell that its gotten too dry. I usually like to wear it big, and kind of messy so that’s why I go longer because I love that look and personally think it looks more natural. I prefer to wear it with no product. I never use any curl defining creams or anything like that, it doesn’t need it. I did straighten it a few times and the curl pattern did come back in the hair, but it did loosen slightly so I won’t be doing that any more as I love the curls exactly at this state.  

Caring for the Hair:  

The hair, for me at least, is VERY easy to manage. I cowash the hair once a week with Crème of Nature Argan Oil conditioner, and shampoo every 2 ½ weeks with Crème of Nature Argan Oil shampoo. For deep conditioning I use Silicon Mix. Since I have the hair on a unit when I get in from work I spritz  it with a spray bottle that has water and a bit of conditioner in it to get the hair damp and run my brush through it, I lay it flat on a towel to plop it so by the time I wake up for work the next day it will be dry and the curls refreshed.

Overall Thoughts on the Hair:

I’m honestly still loving my hair and have loved it the entire 3 months I’ve been wearing it. If you are looking for good quality curly hair at reasonable prices, I would say to consider giving Belladonna Extensions a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised like I was. It was worth EVERY.SINGLE. PENNY and then some. I’ll definitely be purchasing again! Sorry for the long review, I just wanted to be detailed as possible to cover the range of questions I've been asked. Hope you understand! 

Outstanding Clap  Best AD of the year.  Vendors take note, this is how you do it.
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 5:49am
^^ what she said.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:01pm
I do not think curvy is the vendor, at all

but i am sleep

CurvyGirl27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurvyGirl27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

I do not think curvy is the vendor, at all

but i am sleep

Thanks, PRnena, it's nice to see that some people around here still have common sense. LOL You know the whole bit about not arguing with fools...yeah, I am so on board with that, so it's not even worth my time.

BTW, I seen your review on your hair, it looks so good on you! I am loving that pop of color also, I am going to be dying mine soon, just not sure what color I want to go for. Did you use the Adore color brand or some other kind? 
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 2:35pm
I used punky color atlantic blue and midnight blue and adore indigo . Wich resulted in that green. Then I covered it with special effects blue velvet
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 7:43pm
This thread is an AD.  The poster is the owner.  Purchase with caution.

Website Gems Wink

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>