Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Belladonna Extensions' Curly Hair Gives Me Life!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Belladonna Extensions' Curly Hair Gives Me Life!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CurvyGirl27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CurvyGirl27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Belladonna Extensions' Curly Hair Gives Me Life!
    Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:20pm
I’ve gotten a lot of PMs for pictures and the background on my Belladonna Extensions Eurasian Curly so I decided to do a detailed review on my hair and experience with the company. If I don’t cover something you want to know, just ask in this thread and I’ll answer. Wink

These are photos of the unit I made after first getting the hair. This is what it looked like after being cowashed and plopped on a towel to air dry. In these photos I’ve just kinda fluffed/pulled the curls apart. No products have been used on the hair.  

How the hair came packaged. Bundles inside a plastic bag and plastic bag inside a satin bag. I give a more detailed description of this in the body of the review. 

These are photos of the unit after I cowashed, plopped and let it air dry a few days ago. I wanted to show what the hair looks like now compared to how it looked when I first got it. I suggest putting the hair on a wig cap and making a unit because it’s easier to plop it that way. 

These are photos of me wearing the unit. Please excuse the blending I just put it on quickly (so I didn’t have time to rod my leave out) to take the photos to do this review, so you could get an idea of what it would like. 

How I Heard About The Company:

I heard about the company from a new stylist I visited. I’d had some Filipino hair that I wanted her to sew in for me and that sparked a conversation on different hair types, origins, etc., and led to me telling her of my struggle to find good curly hair. She mentioned that one of her customers had come in with some really pretty curly hair and she’d asked her where she’d purchased it from and it was Belladonna Extensions. I went home the same day and Googled them. I found thr website to be nice and professional which was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately I didn’t find much about the company at all other than their website, but the lack of social media sites really made me pause. For someone who has played the guinea pig a few times I definitely wasn’t in the mood to play it again, but I kept staring at the photos of the hair and considering the price…those beautiful curls were silently whispering my name. The temptation was just so strong that I decided to reach out the company. I asked every question I could possibly think of and all were answered promptly and politely. I was mostly sold from the photos, but the customer service really sealed the deal. The cherry on the top was knowing that I could purchase through PayPal. That was the last push I needed to take the plunge, and I’m so damn glad I did!

What I Ordered:

I purchased 4 bundles of Eurasian Curly hair in an 18”, 20”, 22” and 24”. I used the 18”, 22” and 24” and a small piece of the 20”. I would definitely say that 3 bundles are more than enough for the lengths I ordered. I like really big, full hair, but found that this hair has a lot of volume to it and using all of those bundles would’ve puffed me up like a lion and been too much for me to handle, lol.

First Impressions on the Hair:

I received the hair about a week after purchasing (weekend included). It came in a purple envelope. Upon opening the package, there was a large satin bag inside. I was immediately impressed because the bag had the company name printed on it. This let me know that the business has obviously invested in their brand which suggested to me the quality of their products would meet a certain standard also. Upon opening the big satin bag, I had four plastic sealed pouches inside (which were also printed with the company name), that contained the bundles of hair inside. Each bundle had a hair tag that told me the style and length of each piece fastened on by a purple ribbon tied to the hair. When I first seen the hair I immediately noticed it was soft and the hair strands were thick. It did not look like some run of the mill Chinese hair I’m used to seeing. It did not have the terrible corn chip smell, or any other odor for that matter. The bundles were all around a #2 in color, I could easily tell that it was virgin hair. There were no fillers in the hair. It’s double wefted and appears to have hidden beards. At first I wasn’t sure what to expect because it was still in its original form, much like how raw hair doesn’t really come to life until after the co-wash. My fear during this stage was that I would wash the hair and it would still have the processed look to it. Well, that was a baseless fear because as soon as water hit the hair and I started combing through it I seen those beautiful ringlets coming to life throughout the hair.

During the Cowash:

While washing the hair, the water ran clear, which reaffirmed to me it was in fact virgin and had not been dyed. I experienced a little bit of shedding when washing the bundles but this didn’t concern me because it was the first wash, curly hair, and I was running my fingers through it, pulling on the hair very tightly to check for excessive shedding. I didn’t experience anything remotely close to what I would consider excessive. I didn’t experience any tangling at all while washing and combing through the bundles. After washing I brushed with a Denman brush and it really brought out the ringlets in the hair, so I definitely recommend this type of brush.
*I dyed the hair with Revlon’s Blue Black color. It took the color well and did not affect the curl pattern*

Install:

I decided I would put the hair on a unit because I’ve found getting curly hair installed makes the maintenance more difficult. I made the unit myself on a regular spandex wig cap, nothing fancy. I wanted to do Ivy’s flipover method so I sewed it according to that standard. I put combs in the wig and braided my hair underneath so I wouldn’t have to sew it down. I am relaxed so to blend I use Olive Oil Wrap/Set Foam and use perm rods to make blending easier. This works well.

Wearing the Hair:

This hair has honestly been a dream. It is so soft and the curls are so pretty. I get compliments on it all the time. People actually think it’s my real hair. I don’t experience any shedding at all (I sealed my wefts), and tangling is not an issue. The only time I may hit a few snags is when the hair has gone a bit without a cowash and I can tell that its gotten too dry. I usually like to wear it big, and kind of messy so that’s why I go longer because I love that look and personally think it looks more natural. I prefer to wear it with no product. I never use any curl defining creams or anything like that, it doesn’t need it. I did straighten it a few times and the curl pattern did come back in the hair, but it did loosen slightly so I won’t be doing that any more as I love the curls exactly at this state.  

Caring for the Hair:  

The hair, for me at least, is VERY easy to manage. I cowash the hair once a week with Crème of Nature Argan Oil conditioner, and shampoo every 2 ½ weeks with Crème of Nature Argan Oil shampoo. For deep conditioning I use Silicon Mix. Since I have the hair on a unit when I get in from work I spritz  it with a spray bottle that has water and a bit of conditioner in it to get the hair damp and run my brush through it, I lay it flat on a towel to plop it so by the time I wake up for work the next day it will be dry and the curls refreshed.

Overall Thoughts on the Hair:

I’m honestly still loving my hair and have loved it the entire 3 months I’ve been wearing it. If you are looking for good quality curly hair at reasonable prices, I would say to consider giving Belladonna Extensions a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised like I was. It was worth EVERY.SINGLE. PENNY and then some. I’ll definitely be purchasing again! Sorry for the long review, I just wanted to be detailed as possible to cover the range of questions I've been asked. Hope you understand! 

Sponsored Links

PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:43pm
just when i was about to go to yummy Cry

I AM SO CONFUSED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurvyGirl27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

just when i was about to go to yummy Cry

I AM SO CONFUSED

I'm sorry! But hey, maybe this review might help you save some money. There's like a $200 difference between Yummy and Belladonna if you purchase 3 bundles. I don't know about you but that was enough of a difference to make me want to take the risk. Yummy's hair is beautiful and I have heard more good than bad things, but I think the hair is overpriced and I am not fond of their customer service skills so both of those things combined have always canceled them out as a viable option for me to purchase from. 
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 4:07pm
I just want to know if this hair can take dye well. I'm afraid about losing the curls. But I wear blue hair 😭

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurvyGirl27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 4:17pm
My suggestion then would be if you decided to purchase from Belladonna, test out a portion of one bundle before doing the entire piece. If it loosens the pattern, you would be stuck with that one bundle, however, you could return the other two and go ahead and buy the Yummy then and blend that piece in with the Yummy hair. I would imagine the pattern wouldn't loosen too drastically to the point it wouldn't even be curly anymore or blend, and even still, you end up saving some money because of the break in pricing from the one Belladonna bundle. That's worse case scenario. Best case scenario is the pattern doesn't change much and you get to achieve the look you were going for and save a significant amount of money in the process. Just a thought! 
misslexy22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslexy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 5:50pm
This curly hair looks really nice perfect considering summer time is almost hair also. I wonder of they sell closures that match the hair.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 6:23pm
What she said ^. I need a closure too
nanikoa25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanikoa25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 8:25pm
I checked. They have closures and frontals. I was torn between belldonna, glam goddess beauty, and boo exotic studios but I think I'm pretty sold on belladonna now. Thank you for the wonderful review!!
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by nanikoa25 nanikoa25 wrote:

I checked. They have closures and frontals. I was torn between belldonna, glam goddess beauty, and boo exotic studios but I think I'm pretty sold on belladonna now. Thank you for the wonderful review!!

Did they send photos or tell you priced ?
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:27am
I've been communicating with them. I must say it's AWESOME customer service. Just nervous cause there's not many reviews.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>