Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Being Universal... Do you agree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 1:40pm
Suppose your ethnicity is Chinese, Asian Indian, with a little bit of Caucasian and a little bit of Black?
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 1:45pm
Fully agree with the article. Being universal is code for "whites don't get it" or "needs more white people". Apparently the waking world should to everything in its immediate power to accommodate the general white race's ignorance or just flat refusal to adapt.

Change your name, change your speech, change your thinking, you're acting too black, you're not acting black enough…

The list goes on.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 1:58pm
Only universal negro I know is Oprah.  People rarely say black in association with her.  I agree with the article for the most part but we do give white people a pass.  No one says this white writer but the rest of us have to be prefaced with our race.  I am proud of my race and have no qualms with being known as black whatever.  I think that at times that racial preface means outside the norm.  And when we use it for everyone but whites we are saying they are the norm.  But there's more of us.....

I'm with Pity when I say people I mean black.  When I'm talking about white folks, I preface it with white because they are not my norm.  

Edited by ThatGurlD - Jun 01 2013 at 1:59pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 2:10pm
This is one of those mindsets were folks believe that in order to get alone we all have to be the same and I can't get down with that. I dont understand whats so difficult about being respectful. I love learning about different cultures... even with the flaws theres something unique and beautiful about each one. This mixing bowl of one is boring,unrealistic and offensive.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 2:41pm
This topic is multilayered, and for me to give my full thoughts I'd have to answer several points separately, some that might sound like disagreeing, but really isn't, but for simplicity I'll just say I agree with the article. More or less.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 7:02pm
Was their a thread made about Will Smith's comments to Vivica ?

Quote “Will has always been my inspiration,” Fox said. “To see this man become an international box office, absolutely one of the #1 earning box office movie stars has just been amazing for me.”

“Will Smith told me years ago when we were doing Independence Day to become colorless to people. Yes we are African-American… that is who we are. But when people internationally can love you, trust you deliver a good film, trust you to save the world, it’s a good day.”

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 7:06pm
I'm disgusted at will smiths loss of identity

smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 7:54pm
Thumbs Up
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

I'm with Pity when I say people I mean black.  When I'm talking about white folks, I preface it with white because they are not my norm.  

yep, yep, yep.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

This topic is multilayered, and for me to give my full thoughts I'd have to answer several points separately, some that might sound like disagreeing, but really isn't, but for simplicity I'll just say I agree with the article. More or less.

Speak on it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic