Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Being bullied by my parents about my weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
prittyhurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prittyhurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me .. how cruel people can treat their own children.

To the OP - keep your head up. Get your grades and get off to college and then ... into the world.

Get away from that negative family first chance you get and .. don't look back.

I agree 100%. It really does make me wonder why grown people are so concerned with their children's body. Confused It is creepy and foolish.

I also don't like how people act like we should allow our parents to take over us and just "put up with it" because they are your parents. A cockroach can reproduce. And when you bring children here, you cause them to need to be cared for. There is this deification of parents that just gets under my skin. They can literally beat their kids to death and the newscasters will just be like "they've suffered enough!" Angry
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 10:03am
Talk with a teacher or professional . Do you have a grandmother or aunt you can live with ?
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 10:17am
I had the same problem. Like many girls said, I wasn't teased or anything to that extent, but growing up in elementary/middle school/high school, I was skinny. The whole thing about "Black women should have a big booty and be curvy" is foolish! There are different types of bodies in every race, you just gotta learn how to own it gurl! Star I am now 20, and although I am still on the skinny side, I have grown. I think it's because I hit puberty, and now I look fine. You just have to wait. AND PLEASE STOP EATING LARD! You're gonna have a heart attack Cry There are more healthier ways to gain weight. Trust me.

With that being said, your parents are scum. Even after you were put on suicide watch, they still snuck in comments about your weight?! Jeezus. Focus on your grades, and start hanging out with more positive people. And BHM is here for you, dear Hug
megchick96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megchick96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 9:33am
Thanks guys.
I realize that deep down I never wanted to be 'thick' I just wanted to be that way so I could feel more acceptance from my family and race. Even if I got thick I would have still been picked on for something else, like the fact I'm super light in complexion that I almost look white (which I was bullied for too). People like tyra banks & naomi c are loved by black people I guess.
I'm just focused on doing well on my exams now (':

Edited by megchick96 - Jun 15 2013 at 9:37am
brittsemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 5:49am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Tell your mom that her comments are not helping and are hurtful.
If she doesn't change after that, just ignore her and start counting the days until you are an adult in college. Get your grades back up because none of those people (the bullies) will matter or help you ten years from now.

People don't see beauty everywhere, that's why they are stupid to make those comments. I have always been the same weight as you (or less!) and still got attention from men.

The ones not giving you attention are not worth it, trust me on that: I liked many boys back when I was a teenager whom didn't like me back because I was skinny, and when I look them up on facebook (just for fun) I see that not one of them is doing good in life. You can't expect much from someone who puts emphasis only on body types instead of focus on personality, intelligence and kindness.

Move on, girl. Ignore those bullies. Like I said, they don't matter.

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded.
But please, please, please stop putting lard on everything. That can create heart health issues!
Anyway, you are beautiful just the way you are; don't let anyone try to convince you that you need to change.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic