Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Being a good parent...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:35am
A good person who values life and empathetic but also logically rationalize situations both short and long term and factor in outcomes in a positive manner.  That's what a good person is and a great person goes beyond that has grit to make society and and everyone around him into better people and inspires people to become great people to spread that positive aura around them.
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Furthermore, I got my ass beat when I was kid and I didn't like the way it made me feel about myself. I vowed to never beat my kids, and I never have (of course they've been popped a time or two), but I try to raise them with positive reinforcement instead of negative reinforcement.

I love this.

Me too...glad this was said!
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

For me, Before you can be a 'good' parent you have to be a 'good' person, and in my opinion, this society doesn't teach you how to do that.

True.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

you don't have to be a parent to have an opinion on parenting...we all had parents growing up.  We lived it...experience is obviously another level but clearly there are enough sh*tty parents that it doesn't always say much.   

Yeah I don't buy that you need to be a parent to have an opinion either. Your beliefs prior to having children play a huge role. He said so himself, he decided that beatings were not his thing based on his experience, so he approached raising his child from that perspective.
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

BHM parents, did someone teach you or did you teach yourself along the way? Would you have preferred if someone (either mom, grandma, dad, etc) guided you in raising you kids? Do you think someone trying to guide you is "over stepping or being disrespectful? 

I'm sorry, but I thought the question was directed towards parentsConfused
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:49am

BHM parents, did someone teach you or did you teach yourself along the way? Would you have preferred if someone (either mom, grandma, dad, etc) guided you in raising you kids? Do you think someone trying to guide you is "over stepping or being disrespectful? 

The OP can comment on her intent. But there were clearly multiple questions in the OP. Even if there weren't that doesn't stop others from commenting, regardless of your opinion in the value of said comments.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:51am
i think you can be a good parent but not a good person… 

i guess a 'good person' is subjective though 

but yea I've seen it. 
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

The OP can comment on her intent. But there were clearly multiple questions in the OP. Even if there weren't that doesn't stop others from commenting, regardless of your opinion in the value of said comments.
Thanks...nucca got me re-reading my own ish to make sure I was clearErmm
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 12:15pm
DMV folks, there's a parenting show on NpR. There is an author of a book called "all joy and no fun the paradox of modern parenthood".

I want to get her book.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 12:22pm
Spankings didn't help me one bit. I wasn't a terrible child, just wanted attention. If someone would have explained why instead of beat me. It would have helped me immensely.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>