Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Being a good parent...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Being a good parent...
    Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:13am
Do you believe that being a great, loving parent comes naturally or is it something that is taught?

Who is responsible for teaching our women and men how to be good parents? The state, government, relatives or the community?

Do you think the reason why these little demon seeds are terrorizing people is because their parents weren't properly taught how to raise their kids?

BHM parents, did someone teach you or did you teach yourself along the way? Would you have preferred if someone (either mom, grandma, dad, etc) guided you in raising you kids? Do you think someone trying to guide you is "over stepping or being disrespectful? 
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:47am
well -_____-
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:50am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Do you believe that being a great, loving parent comes naturally or is it something that is taught? combination

Who is responsible for teaching our women and men how to be good parents? The state, government, relatives or the community? relatives and the community

Do you think the reason why these little demon seeds are terrorizing people is because their parents weren't properly taught how to raise their kids? possibly and/or they are selfish

BHM parents, did someone teach you or did you teach yourself along the way? Would you have preferred if someone (either mom, grandma, dad, etc) guided you in raising you kids? Do you think someone trying to guide you is "over stepping or being disrespectful?

can be a combination of things

lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:53am
I think it's a combination of multiple factors. I believe some people are born with a nurturing instinct others learn to nurture. You draw on experiences from your own upbringing to determine how u want to raise your kids and also learn by observing what works for other people
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:58am
I think a lot of it's learned. I plan to take a lot of ways I was raised with my own children.
There's some things I didn't agree with that I plan to seek advice on or play by ear.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:58am
Its a combo.. 
natural common sense mixed with things you've seen/observed/planned 

but i think that it comes naturally for some.. 
i think parenting can be similar to a box of chocolates.. and there will be new obstacles/issues you may have never expected but you learn and grow with time. 

people say id be a great mom Cool

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:14am
One thing I don't like is when people say "well that's how I was raised and I turned out ok" . But looking at their lives they Clearly failed at life.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

One thing I don't like is when people say "well that's how I was raised and I turned out ok" . But looking at their lives they Clearly failed at life.
lmao
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:23am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Do you believe that being a great, loving parent comes naturally or is it something that is taught? mostly taught/modeled. some pick it up faster, better than others. and some don't pick it up at all. however, i do believe in maternal instinct. 

Who is responsible for teaching our women and men how to be good parents? The state, government, relatives or the community? i think the latter 2. it takes a village. 

Do you think the reason why these little demon seeds are terrorizing people is because their parents weren't properly taught how to raise their kids? my usual theory is that, more often than not, kids aren't bad, parents are bad at with they do. so yes, i do think that parents who don't know better/different can't do better/different. however, there will be those kids that will come from a "good" home and be deviant fcuk ups as well. 

BHM parents, did someone teach you or did you teach yourself along the way? Would you have preferred if someone (either mom, grandma, dad, etc) guided you in raising you kids? Do you think someone trying to guide you is "over stepping or being disrespectful? N/A

Edited by nekamarie83 - Feb 06 2014 at 10:24am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:29am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Omg yes...see it all the time offline and on here meanwhile they're all types of struggling with simple life choices.  I will not raise my kids how i was raised.  Not living in denial is a helluva thing.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>