Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Being a bit envious..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

You are not envious, you are just lonely. You don't want what your friends have, you just want your own. Look at yourself and ask yourself why are you single because its you.

In the end, it really is just this. You're just feeling lonely.

I have to agree also...

I had the misfortune of watching a steve harvey episode a couple weeks ago...

They had a show about this intelligent woman in her early 30's with a PhD, who was lonely and wanted to find a good man....

She complained about how all of her dates go bad and her relationships never last...

So they brought 3 of her exes on the show..and long story short...it was her fault that she was single...

She was attractive but her attitude, her mentality...

Edited by ModelessDiva - Apr 30 2014 at 8:10pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:11pm
I know yall hate steve harveyLOL

*dodges stones*
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:12pm

You are not envious, you are just lonely. You don't want what your friends have, you just want your own. Look at yourself and ask yourself why are you single because its you.

I choose to be single cause some of  the men here are idiots and want to play games...
AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DATLOLLOLLOL
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:25am

Yeah I probably don't go out very often & when I do it's usually same people and same places. My attitude and mentality is just fine I'm sure! I'm pretty good at reviewing myself haha.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:27am
I think envy is a normal emotion I have some envy not about someone's relationship but about: entrepreneurial success, I try and let what I want motive me, model myself after what I want, make a plan and work towards what I want! I think you are right about changing it up sometimes and meeting new people and going new places you are bound to meet more people you have things in common with. The key is not to let envy overtake you.... LOVE your life its an opportunity
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 5:40am
The Grass is Always Greener…
I was the first in my group of friends/relatives to marry and I envied my single friends, I envied their freedom.
Now, I find out that many of them envied me for being married.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:27am
You should not be envious/jealous and I will tell you why.

1) Some people are just putting up a front and behind closed doors they are unhappy ... and really wish they had the freedom you have! For example, I've purchased many houses all my myself .. so I have pride in this and I can't tell you how many married gfs I have that have never done this and are jealous of my accomplishments. Everything they have pretty much is based on their JOINT efforts so she can't be a badassed independant woman. Noo.

2) Some people are really very happy/content in their relationship. However a relationsip but nature is 'restrictive'. Meaning .. there was a point that I quit work for 3 months so I could work on a cure for AIDs in the Belize rainforest. If I was married or even in a relationship ... that would have posed a MAJOR problem. When you are in a relationship for X years ... it's WORK to keep the spark going. You have to compromise etc .. so no I can't say I would want to be married to the SAME guy since was 20 because of all the experiences I would have missed.

There's good and bad to both sides so don't think that once you find 'the right guy' everything will be perfect in your life.

Nope.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:16am

I agree printerink

I said this on the first page and feelings got caught...

Relationships are nice and all but I definitely don't get jealous because you really never know what goes on behind closed doors...

Same with jealousy period... there is a saying "never get jealous of someone because you don't know what they had to go through to get where they are"

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:33am
Right - for example people are always so jealous of Oprah's money ... but I would not trade all that money for féd up childhood she had.

What .. the sexual abuse/rape (more than once), not having a mother in her life .. being farmed out to her father, being poor .. heck no.

She had to go through all that to get where she is today and that stuff damages you in a way that money can not heal.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:35am

yup

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic