Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Behind the hairline advice/methods/tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 4:09am
Originally posted by corenybay corenybay wrote:

Yeah I'm hoping to do it today. Hope it turns out good. :]
< style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border-top-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="auto" ed="ed">Detect language< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko" ed="ed">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish
English (auto-detected) » Korean

Did you end up trying this? How did it turn out?
Sponsored Links

Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

Originally posted by Blossom8186 Blossom8186 wrote:

Lol yes,please push the button!

But to answer your question, a really good way is to use the Tootsie method.      All you'd have to do is part however you want and place the unit behind. Simple, easy, takes 5 minutes or less.

That does seem the best way. I think I'd still like to use a bit of tape just on the edge of the wig cap in the front, just edging into the parting space on my hairline, just to feel a bit more security

As I am quite paranoid as well lol, what I do is sew 3 elastic bands onto the unit. 1 ear to ear, 1 temple to temple, and 1 at the nape. When I tell you that wig stayed on it STAYED ON. Almost to the point of headaches. So with the proper placement you wouldn't even need tape. 

As for your real hair, have you considered using a product like Sabino moisture block? Maybe that could assist with delaying reversion and keeping frizziness at bay while you wear the lf and when your hair is at your desired length. 
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:38am
Lolll, i guess I'd have to wait until I EVENTUALLY get one and try putting 3 bands in it. I still think I'd use tape tho, I hnstly keep thinking 'what if it gets caught in the doors when I'm getting off a bus or something and it just gets pulled off?!'. I'd actually just run away really fast. And I'm ALWAYS gna have an emergency hat in my bag, just in case lollllll.

I've never heard of this Sabino block, is it really good at anti frizzing?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:49am
Lmbo! I was just thinking the other day what if my hair got caught in the train doors because I started wearing such long lengths LOL

I haven't used Sabino personally but they love it down in the weave section and there are good reviews of it on LHCF and Youtube. Check it out...maybe if you're able to find a product that agrees with your natural hair and keeps it looking the way you want then you won't even need a lace wig. I understand mixed race hair woes lol, my son is mixed and had hair down to his butt until he was 7 or 8...you guys definitely don't have it as easy as people may think. Being that you feel such reservations about hair systems finding a product for your real hair might be a more viable (and less costly) alternative. 
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

You still haven't purchased a unit yet Wisney?

Lollll, no i haven't, I know, it's been a long time! Half of it is money, i really am on the breadline, and then the other half is that I realised that I would always be paranoid that my hairline looks suspect and I'm quite a paranoid person anyway, so I would never be able to relax.

I decided last week I was just going to grow my hair back and I thought that if I was able to use my own hairline, I'd feel way better about having a wig on. And I liked my hair a lot anyway, the reason I cut it really was because it would never stay nice whenever I went out, so I figure I can have the best of both worlds if I grow it out to the length I want and then just use a wig behind the hairline when I'm going out or I wana give my hair a break from styling. I'm lucky because my hair is the same texture as chinese hair when it's straight.

With a u-part, wouldn't the leave out on top just start to frizz if it got sweaty or even if it just rained? 

Quick question: if you do a behind the hairline app, can you ever wear your hair pulled back, or even the sides pulled back?

Yes, you would still have to work with your own hair - the amount of leave out would be up to the size of the u part, thought I would just throw it in the mix since you mentioned placing a lace wig behind the hair line. 
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Blossom8186 Blossom8186 wrote:

Lmbo! I was just thinking the other day what if my hair got caught in the train doors because I started wearing such long lengths LOL

I haven't used Sabino personally but they love it down in the weave section and there are good reviews of it on LHCF and Youtube. Check it out...maybe if you're able to find a product that agrees with your natural hair and keeps it looking the way you want then you won't even need a lace wig. I understand mixed race hair woes lol, my son is mixed and had hair down to his butt until he was 7 or 8...you guys definitely don't have it as easy as people may think. Being that you feel such reservations about hair systems finding a product for your real hair might be a more viable (and less costly) alternative. 

Yeah, mixed hair is a MISSION. I've done lots of research into products to keep it curly, defined and 'nice' under normal circumstances and have found 3 product ranges I wanna try. One is the Twisted Sista range, two is a range of products by Giovanni and three is some products in the Shea Moisture range. I've seen some ladies on youtube use these ranges on their mixed hair and it was amazing how their hair turned out. 
I don't know if the Sabino would be that much of a benefit though, as I said before, my main issue was when I go out dancing (which is almost never these days, but just in case) and I start to sweat a bit, my hair just became a mop. I don't know if the Sabino would be able to protect me against that. It's probs the same kind of issue a singer would have on stage, even Beyonce, the hair won't stay nice against that kind of sweat so you just gotta lace it up. I'll try it though just to see how it pans out :)

I've got months until this is an issue though, my hair is just about to enter the stupid clown stage of growing out, lolll

Edited by Wisney - Nov 08 2012 at 3:03am
corenybay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corenybay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:51am
I just bleached the knots and put it behind my hailine. It"s KS so iy look natural to people. I'm happy I can do cute styles with it.
< style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border-top-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="auto" ed="ed">Detect language< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko" ed="ed">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish
English (auto-detected) » Korean

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:54pm
Sabino is a humidity blocker which means it should protect against sweat and heat....im not sure it it stands the test against club conditions though. Maybe ask the girls.down in the weave section...im sure they would know or might even know of an alternative.
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 12:45am
I leave abt 2 inches leave out in the front for the parting and cover the lace. I braid  the rest of my hair. sew the lace wig down .Remove once a week to DC and moisturize.
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Malexandre Malexandre wrote:

I leave abt 2 inches leave out in the front for the parting and cover the lace. I braid  the rest of my hair. sew the lace wig down .Remove once a week to DC and moisturize.

How do you make the transition from lace parting to your natural parting look natural, do you put some concealer in the part?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>