Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Makeup Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Beauty Sampling Programs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
osLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 12:14pm
I never tried Luna bars but I wouldn't have been able to eat mine anyway. I'm doing a two month challenge and can't eat any type of gluten or sugar which I'm sure they contain. I'm still salty about my box but I'm going to take my surveys so I can get my points.
Sponsored Links

osLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

I would like to get my sister a sampling box for her birthday. I would like to just make one payment for a year. She has light skin and loves colors and really experimenting. Can somebody recommend a program for me? 

It really depends on what types and brands she has a preference for.  There have been so many new subscription boxes since this thread was created. And the ones we're posting about don't even begin to cover all the ones that are out there.

I assume you're looking for beauty subscription boxes... but there are also ones for food, jewelry, clothes/shoes, etc.

Personally speaking, Glossybox is my favorite as for a brands, samples sizes and box value.  I'd consider GB generally high-end beauty items. It's more expensive than most, $21 but you get atleast one full size item. But it seems that I've been averaging 2-3 full size items in my box.  They did have shipping and billing issues starting out (May timeframe) but it seems they have recitified that.  I believe they are currently offering a 3-month subscription with a free box right now.  I believe you have to use code "COSMO" for that. 

As far as other boxes, I also like Birchbox in terms or of their rewards system.  You get "money" back for your reviews.  In terms of content, they're hit or miss for me. But I haven't been disappointed enough to cancel (I've been with them for over a year.). I'd consider BB a mix of high-end, prestige and drugstore items.  Other ladies have used MyGlam/Ipsy which I heard has improved greatly in the last few months.  I've never tried them but it seems they have a mix of prestige and drugstore items.

HTH
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 2:40pm
Thank you so much for your reply..I'll look into Glossybox 
osLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 7:56am
October Glossybox

Well my USPS carrier didn't jack me for my GB!!!  Not too bad of a box. I didn't get any repeats like I heard a few ladies got (ie Illamasqua or heel cream).

My card has a typo that says September but this is definitely the October box. 

I never got around to trying the CD Shea Souffle so I'll test it out to see if I like it.  I'll probably use everything except for the lipstick/gloss duo. It looks nice but I'll probably just hand it over to my cousins. It's full size along with the loofa soap.
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:52am
Did anyone receive their box for this month yet?
osLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 6:15pm
I did receive my Birchbox!! I got it last week but didn't take pictures.

I got Box 1! I was happy with the products but not the sizes.  I'm starting to lose hope with BB.  The Masqueology were all foil packets that I could barely do anything with. And I gave the Stila and MCMC perfume to my cousins.

Below is what I received in my box.

1. Kiehl's Creme de Corps
  2. Masqueology 7D Moisture Cream
  3. Masqueology Masque Cleanse
  4. Masqueology Revitalizing Eye Mask
  5. MCMC Fragrance Phoenix Eau de Parfum
  6. stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer 
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:21pm
Just signed up to ipsy. Birchbox was doing the most. Sending hair products I won't use....so they got cancelled.
osLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:51am
I've been so busy lately and haven't been on here much but I do have pics of my boxes the past couple of months. As you can see, Birchbox doesn't hold a candle to Glossybox but I'm considering canceling both subscriptions.  

November Glossybox:

December Glossybox: 

December Birchbox:

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair