Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beauty and hair regimens, whats your plans for NOV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Beauty and hair regimens, whats your plans for NOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Where do you get turmeric powder? I need some to add to my bentonite masks and my food since it's supposed to be anti-inflammatory.

I will be getting my first ever dominican rollerset on tuesday. I know it won't look like a regular rollerset since I'm natural, but hopefully it'll be cute. After that I'll put back in chunky kinky twists.

I can't wait until black friday...I will be stocking up on hair products.

And I'll be making some bone broth this weekend so I can start drinking it every morning. That will be my daily vitamin. 

Sponsored Links

slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Originally posted by slykitten slykitten wrote:

Skin:  Going to continue using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser as my primary and follow up with Witch Hazel when I feel that I need to.  Before bed I will continue to use aloe vera gel after i wash to protect and heal my skin while I sleep.

I still need to find a replacement sensitive skin exfoliator.

Hair:  I recently did a corrective relaxer after being texlaxed for a year and it was the best decision of my recent life.  Now I am just going to take care of it to get back to my old length.

I'm going to keep using mainstream shampoo and conditioner on my hair because I've been wasting too much money on natural products that were leaving my hair a mess.  Herbal Essences and Aussie have been making my hair look lovely lately.  I'm also using less product in my hair to keep it from looking gross after a week.
sounds like a good regimen. Is cetaphil good for acne/oily skins? I keep seeing it in the drug store however it's quite expensive over here.

And ia with using less product, i hate greasy hair due to product build up.

I have oily skin and Cetaphil works great for me.  I don't know if it has much of an effect on acne though... the witch hazel helps with that.
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:41pm
No heat November!!! I'm going to go one month w/o using heat on my hair. I've had bad luck with twist outs in the past but I'm going to try it out again tonight. If it looks good I may Instagram it. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:52pm
I've decided to use my Jane Carter nourish and shine on my face instead of lotion.  It's all butters.
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 5:07pm
I think I got hold of some bootleg Black African Soap and that's why my face has been going nuts. Ouch So my new skin reggie is:

-Neutrogena face wash
-Clinique moisturizer (forgot the name)
-seal with aloe vera gel/coconut oil mix

I'm also resiting the itch to dye my hair. Henna doesn't make it red enough for me. But I don't want to damage it.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 5:07pm
do inform us on how that goes in next months thread ^LOL
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

do inform us on how that goes in next months thread ^LOL

will doLOL hopefully i dont look a greasy mess but it's getting cold and with the wind chill...i just feel like i need something stronger 
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 5:31pm
Getting a sew in on Monday. Keeping it up until Mid January.
Going to get back started on my aztec clay masks. I think I am going to mix my tumeric powder in with the clay.. Also going to attempt to put together the homemade vitamin c for my face. Also considering using a dermal roller to see if it works on my dark spots from acne. I have to do more research though. Also want to try oil pullng as well. Let's see how November goes.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 5:37pm
may not be relevant but im thinking of taking up swimming this month. 

in preparation for dec 21st 2012 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 5:38pm
Does anyone have a surefire recipe for using turmeric that doesn't involve turning yellow at any point in time? I'm dying to try it but I'm scared...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>
  Share Topic