Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Makeup Tips
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bdellium tools anti bacterial makeup brush review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Bdellium tools anti bacterial makeup brush review

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bdellium tools anti bacterial makeup brush review
    Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 2:37pm
The Professional Grade MAESTRO Comprehensive Basic Face - 12 Piece Brush Set
The Professional Grade Comprehensive Basic Face 12 Piece Brush Set is the perfect brush set for flawless makeup application. This makeup brush set includes all the brushes you'll need from base and priming application to finish for both face and eyes. These brushes are made of premium quality materials and bristles to make sure that your application is flawless everytime. The anti-bacterial protective coating creates a built-in guard against mold, fungus and bacteria that can gather on brushes. Included is a roll-up makeup train storage pouch to protect and carry the brushes in this set! The exterior is a classic black color and the inside is a complementing warm brown color.
Brushes that are included in this set are:
#980M Natural Powder
#964M AP Blusher
#955M Finishing
#948M Foundation
#942M Slanted Contour
#785M Tapered Blending
#780M Pencil
#778M Large Shadow
#772M Small Shader,
#763M Small Angle
#710M Eye Liner

#540M Precision Liner
Bdellium #980: This brush is so soft and there was absolutely no fraying and only a little shedding. Perfect powder brush!
VS.
Sigma F30: This brush is soft as well, however I experienced a lot of fraying with this particular brush.
*Bd vs Sigma score: 1-0

Bdellium #955: This finishing brush is the brush that has the white stippling ends! It is very dense and perfect for all over coverage of foundation, nice for applying blushes and bronzers too! I loved the fact that it was more dense than sigmas:)
VS.
Sigma F50: So, this one is also soft, but I was let down with fraying and not enough density in the white bristles area.
*Bd vs Sigma score: 2-0

Bdellium #942: This slanted contour brush is perfect for contouring your cheeks with bronzer:) It is soft and love how it applies makeup. It is slightly smaller than the sigma brush, however I find this to be a plus when contouring since you don't want a huge line when defining a jaw line, etc.
VS.
Sigma F40: So I experienced the most fraying out of all the sigma brushes with this particular brush..not sure if it was the lighter colored hair they used, but I wasn't too happy. Sigma actually replaced this brush and two others for me out of my whole set since there was so much fraying.
*Bd vs Sigma score: 3-0

Bdellium #948: The foundation brush for this set is super soft and applies foundation very evenly. I like to use my wet foundation and dab it all over my face and it did a great job!
VS.
Sigma F60: This foundation brush also did quite nicely so I will have to give this a point as well. This one was tapered a bit more rounded than the bdellium but really made no difference in application.
*Bd vs Sigma score:4-1

Bdellium #785: This is the tapered blending brush which I used for blending my eyeshadow. It does a nice job and is slightly smaller than the sigma version, which I feel gives me more precision.
VS.
Sigma E40: Sigmas version had horrible fraying on this brush as well, but they took care of me by sending out a new one. The new one was much better and does a pretty good job of blending too. They can both have a point on this style brush!
*Bd vs Sigma score: 5-2

Bdellium #778: This large shadow brush does pretty good at blending, but I feel is less dense and wider than sigmas which makes application a little more difficult. Also the ferrule seemed to rock a little, meaning it may come loose someday. However this was the only ferrule I saw an issue with out of the whole set, just for clarification!
VS.
Sigma E60: Ok, sigmas first real win with my comparison. Even though both brushes do about the same job, sigmas IS a little more dense making application of shadow easier and holds pigment better.
*Bd vs Sigma score: 5-3

Bdellium #780: This pencil brush is nice for applying eyeshadow in small areas. The bristles are soft and dense.
VS.
Sigma E30: Sigmas pencil brush is a little more tapered at the end, making application in tight areas easier. Another win for Sigma.
*Bd. vs Sigma : 5-4

Bdellium #763: This small angle brush is perfect for applying makeup to the eyes! The bdellium brush is a bit wider than sigmas, but is not a bad thing in my opinion.
VS.
Sigma E65: Sigmas small angle also works great for applying eye shadows and liners. I recommend both.
*Bd. vs Sigma: 5-5 Uh-oh tied...

Bdellium #710: The eye liner brush in this kit is fabulous! It's precision and density makes for perfect eyeliner every time!
VS.
Sigma E05: This brush is also great for eyeliner, but I do prefer Bdellium's because it's tip is more pointy.
*Bd. vs Sigma: 6-5

I have been wanting a new brush set for a while and wanted to make an investment in a set that was going to last me a long time.

However, I didn't want to invest my money into MAC brushes although they are great. My goal was to find a set that is buget friendly and great quality.

What attracted me to the Bdellium tools was the anti bacteria coating !! I am really into skin care so this was a plus for me. Yes, I wash my old brushes all the time but the coating gives me an extra boost.

I have used these brushes for about a month and I AM IN LOVE !!!!!!!!! They are way better than Sigma and Crown brushes. They have a few brushes that are comparable and better than MAC.

These brushes did not shed, bleed or even loose their shape. I was quite surprised by that actually, because almost 95% of the brushes I own (both high end & low end) have had shedding and bleeding problems. I have washed them 3 times now and they are still as new.

The indepth review above is not written by me I just included it.Smile

Sponsored Links

ummmok View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummmok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 2:43pm
I only have one of their brushes, their Precision Kabuki Airbrushed Effect brush. Very good quality and haven't experienced any shedding.

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2012 at 2:39pm
Is the hair natural or synthetic?  Also how are the eye brushes?  I was looking at them yesterday at ACW and I was intrigued to say the least.
ummmok View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ummmok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Is the hair natural or synthetic?  Also how are the eye brushes?  I was looking at them yesterday at ACW and I was intrigued to say the least.

Not sure, but the particular one I have is full synthetic fibers but read some of their brushes are natural and synthetic mixed fibers.
nickybee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 10:01pm
Go away, ummmok and Rumi.
I'm on a no buy.  =(  HMPH!
ummmok View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummmok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by nickybee nickybee wrote:

Hey Nicky, miss seeing you around these parts :)

lol I'm on a no-buy, too
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by ummmok ummmok wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Not sure, but the particular one I have is full synthetic fibers but read some of their brushes are natural and synthetic mixed fibers.

I looked on the box and the website, it didn't specify.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 11:00am
That was my last buy and a good one.
nickybee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2012 at 1:45am
Originally posted by ummmok ummmok wrote:

Originally posted by nickybee nickybee wrote:

Hey Nicky, miss seeing you around these parts :)

lol I'm on a no-buy, too

Awww.  Cry
I miss you, and being around here, too!  Is it safe to come back?  ;]
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake