Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bank Accidentally Deposits $31k in Teens Account.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Bank Accidentally Deposits $31k in Teens Account.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bank Accidentally Deposits $31k in Teens Account.
    Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:16am
you already know how this went downLOL

Bank Accidentally Deposits $31k in Teen's Account, Hero Teen Spends It

Taylor Berman

Bank Accidentally Deposits $31k in Teen's Account, Hero Teen Spends ItExpand

Earlier this month, a bank teller accidentally deposited $31,000 into a teenager's bank account. The teen did the sensible thing and immediately started buying sh*t, spending more than $25,000 in just ten days.

On March 7, a customer at a Athens, Ga. bank attempted to deposit $31,000 into his account at First Citizens Bank. But, as it turns out, there was more than one customer at the bank with the man's name, and the teller accidentally deposited the money into the wrong person's account.

The lucky recipient, an 18-year-old kid, apparently checked his account, saw the huge balance, and decided to go on a spending spree. Within ten days, he withdrew $20,000 in cash and spent another $5,000 with his debit card.

When the teen tried to withdraw more money from the bank branch on March 18, a teller told him about the mistake and insisted that he return the money. The teen refused, claiming he'd received it as part of an inheritance from his grandmother.

A Madison County sheriff's deputy drove to the teen's house to further explain the situation and the consequences if the teen doesn't return the money.

From the Athens Banner-Herald:

The deputy told the teen the bank wants the money back as soon as possible, so the teen told the officer he would go to the bank and try to settle the matter without going to jail, according to the report.

However, the teen never showed back at the bank and banking officials told investigators last week that if the suspect didn't return the money, they would prosecute.

The unnamed teen is an early candidate for Gawker Hero of the Year.

http://gawker.com/bank-accidentally-deposits-31k-in-teens-account-hero-1552818208

Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:20am
"The teen did the sensible thing and immediately started buying sh*t"

LOL
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:25am
Damn...somebody doesn't have a job anymore...

I wouldn't spend money accidentally put in my account...too easy to trace and you'll probably get stuck paying it back.

Now I find a bag with $31,000, that's a whole other story.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:30am
Let him keep the money!  On monopoly you don't pay back bank errors in your favor.  This is just more, "why couldn'this happen to me news."...I would've used about 10k on something important, having the money act as a loan, and paid them back later.  How long does he have to pay it back?  The installments shouldn't have interest. 
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:35am
He is 18- they will put it on his credit. He needs to make payments arrangements! lol!
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:50am
Goodness so the right thing to do is call the bank and let them know you don't know where the money came from?
Eff thott
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:53am
That happens alllll the time lol they debit the account and put the money back into the right persons account, usually it charges off to collections.

One time someone typed 1,000,000 instead of 1000 and it posted lawd hav mercy
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 12:00pm
one time my bank deposited 10k in my account. i sat there for days thinking about what i should do LOL. eventually they took it out. 

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

"The teen did the sensible thing and immediately started buying sh*t"

LOL

i laughed too when i read thatLOL
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

one time my bank deposited 10k in my account. i sat there for days thinking about what i should do LOL. eventually they took it out. 

Cry chillle LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>