BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Ban lifted for women in combat .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:16am
I still don't understand the alarm. Gays were already serving, now they can do so openly. Women were already coming home missing limbs and having PTSD, only now their work will be recognized.
nobody is asking women who don't want to do so to take those roles. It will simply open up opportunities for career advancement for women who want that life.
Sponsored Links

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:31am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I still don't understand the alarm. Gays were already serving, now they can do so openly. Women were already coming home missing limbs and having PTSD, only now their work will be recognized.
nobody is asking women who don't want to do so to take those roles. It will simply open up opportunities for career advancement for women who want that life.

Exactly!!!  There isn't going to be a run of women signing up to drive a tank or an infantry scout.  You choose your career path mostly (unless you get a bad recruiter).  And the bulk of positions in the military aren't in direct combat so yall need to chill with that "I don't wanna die" whiningLOL
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:35am
I never heard about a woman missing limbs.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

Women are less than 15% of the military so of course the numbers are low. But you don't remember when that white woman soldier jessica lynch was kidnapped and got a lot of press and the black woman who came home badly injured but got very little? Well she was crippled for sure for a time.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:22am

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

Women are less than 15% of the military so of course the numbers are low. But you don't remember when that white woman soldier jessica lynch was kidnapped and got a lot of press and the black woman who came home badly injured but got very little? Well she was crippled for sure for a time.

Theres also a new congress woman, Tammy Duckworth who's a former Iraqi war veteran who lost both her legs in combat.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Exactly!!!  There isn't going to be a run of women signing up to drive a tank or an infantry scout.  You choose your career path mostly (unless you get a bad recruiter).  And the bulk of positions in the military aren't in direct combat so yall need to chill with that "I don't wanna die" whiningLOL

speak!
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:18pm
good for them.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:27pm
i wonder what would happen if there is a draft...
Finesseful View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Finesseful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i wonder what would happen if there is a draft...

I'm gettin pregnant if it ever comes down to that.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:35pm
Do you think this country [now] would  go along with a draft again?

not being facetious, I have really wondered about how the draft back in the day would work today. I don't think people would just automatically sign up now.

I was a 'baby' during the last draft, but I really felt for those men who didn't want to go but had no choice. Which is really why I'm all for this ban being lifted for the women who want to serve in combat, they now can. Choice, though.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Jan 24 2013 at 1:38pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style