Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
lana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: bald babies
    Posted: Oct 26 2004 at 8:48am

Okay I'm not a mom, but my friend is and her little one...is the cutest baby, a little girl, 7 months and walking!!! But anyways she only has a dusting of hair. Now this is an african american baby...I personally usually see our babies with hair...she's worried about her little girls bare head...is there anything she can do to encourage growth. She's hoping that she'll have some hair by 12 months and so am I. Right now she washes it with baby shampoo and uses baby oil on it to moisturize it. I don't think she should do that, but I need help explaining that to her....anyone?

Or are we both overreacting and it's okay to have a bald baby at 7 months? Now for those of you that wonder, she does have like peach fuzz all over her scalp, and that stands up about 1 inch with a little curl, but it's thin, you can see right to her scalp. She can't even wear a headband cause there's nothing to "band".

Help?!!

Sponsored Links

sistaslick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2004 at 10:28am

awwww... I bet she is still cute though!  My little sister was bald for a long time...She was probably 18 mos when her real hair started to kick in.  I think it just takes time. 

I think its a good idea to still wash with the baby shampoo, at least that may be able to stimulate her scalp but  I don't know about the baby oil part though...maybe she should hold off on that one-- awww I can see her lil shining head now!!! Tongue

lana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2004 at 10:35am
She's adorable, and she smiles at people then acts all shy. It's so funny watching her.  She's a real cutie. Okay so maybe that's completely normal, and there isn't anything her mom can do to speed up growth. Oh well, it'll come in one day. Any other suggestions?
Canadian_Dime View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2004 at 2:19pm

My daughter had a full head of hair...then went stone bald at around the same age.  It's all grown back, thicker and healthier. It's totally normal, and the only remedy is time. Tell your friend to enjoy this time, cause once that hair comes in, she'll secretly miss it! Lol.

lils_mama View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2004 at 3:31am
Originally posted by sistaslick sistaslick wrote:

I think it just takes time. 

I think its a good idea to still wash with the baby shampoo, at least that may be able to stimulate her scalp but  I don't know about the baby oil part though...maybe she should hold off on that one-- awww I can see her lil shining head now!!! Tongue

i agree,  although baby shampoo can be drying.
Dindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2004 at 7:24pm
Nothing to worry about, it will grow, she's just a slow-starter.
Reesie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2004 at 8:10am

Nothing to worry about, I was bald until 3 (my mom confirmed).  I was in a wedding at 2 1/2 and my mom said that she had to tape the bows on the top of my head...LMAO.

But when my hair did grow in it grew very quickly--it was thick and healthy.  By kindergarten it was mid-back.

rtobiejr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2005 at 1:58pm
Me too. I was a bald little baby. In Jamaica, Indian women put butter on girl babies hair to encourage hair growth, so that is what my mom did for a little while. My hair grew anyhow, though, so I don't think there's a need to worry too much.
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2005 at 5:18pm
Please don't do anything.  Just leave it alone.  Her hair will grow in just give it some time.  Besides you might be doing harm than good if applying all these creams and what not. 
little ms View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2005 at 6:37pm
I have always heard this old saying that bald babies end up having long hair.  I had a friend growing up and her sister had no hair until she was like two or so.  Now years later her hair is really long and pretty.  There is some hair oil called "Baby Don't be Bald".  I have heard that it works... but the main thing is time.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic