Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Baked Chicken Breast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 12:09am
Depends on what I am in the mood to do.

BBQ
- I boil the chicken in chicken stock and assorted spices for about 10-15 minutes first and then I bake them and put the BBQ sauce (with Italian dressing mixed in for a little kick) on the last 10-15 minutes of baking so the sauce doesn't burn.

I like to cook my chicken breasts on a rack with chicken broth covering the bottom of the pan.  The steam from the broth keeps the chicken moist during cooking.  I also like using oven bags and an assortment of spices.

I also do chicken and other meats in the crockpot.  I've done BBQ ribs in there before.  Just turn it on before you leave for work and it will be done when you come back.
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by sache1991 sache1991 wrote:

I need some black people's input on this...Confused

I tried marinating it in BBQ sauce overnight and it turned out moist when I baked it today. So how do you ladies prepare yours? I need to go shopping for some seasoning...all I got in the house is BBQ sauce, salt, pepper and lemon pepper mixShocked

And you can make your own lemon pepper seasoning with better/stronger flavor:

2 fresh lemons
whole pepper crushed
salt
garlic

**I'm obsessed with tumeric because of the color it gives...so I would add tumeric to this and some rice vinegar with a dash of cayenne pepper for heat.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 2:22am
I add paprika to everything...and garlic.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 2:29am
I love cooking threads! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 2:35am
I use a lot of seasoning salt, cajun/creole seasonings, cayenne pepper, and sometimes this jerk paste.

SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 6:11am
Onion slices and garlic cloves on the bottom of the pan and the chicken sitting on top brushed with the barbecue sauce...yum!
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 6:12am
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

my one stop shot

any seasoning of your choice
new or small red potatoes string beans

baked together  all flavors mesh well

*drools*
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training