Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badly dyed hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ThozEyz60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThozEyz60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Badly dyed hair
    Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 12:24am
I have been lightening my hair a little too much,..I have gray hair around my hairline and it has become a platinum blonde which I do not prefer. How can I safely dye my hair a darker blonde. I have been using Garnier Ultra Nutrisse LB1,..and Dark and Lovely Golden Bronze and it seems to keep getting lighter. My question is,..what am I doing wrong besides not going to the salon. HELP!! Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 4:37am
You're using the wrong color levels and in the wrong tones!!! This is one of the reasons why I dislike box dyes. That Garnier LB1 is a level 10 cool (ash) tone blonde and using that on grey hair will only tone it resulting in the platinum blonde shade you currently have.  As for the D&L Golden Bronze, that's a level 7 golden medium blonde it's not going to do much of aything for grey coverage. In fact, it'll just give a gold highlight. You'll need a darker color with a neutral tone for grey coverage.
Before I recommend anything. Do you have a photo of what you mean by dark blonde? Also is your hair relaxed, permed, natural? How much grey do you have? Also do you have any beauty supply stores or Sally's in you area?
ThozEyz60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThozEyz60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 7:31am
Well,..I truly appreciate the response. My hair is not permed and it is not relaxed. It has just been dyed a little too much. My grey is just around my hairline from ear to ear,(at least most of it) and I just noticed,( with my silly self) that both of the products that I used have hydrogen peroxide in them,...no wonder it keeps lightening and I'm getting no color. I mean most of my hair now has a very,very light blonde to it and my edges are platinum blonde. I just want to tone it down to a honey blonde like Beyoncé,..my ponytail weave is a #27 by Milky Way and that is the color I am trying to get. It once was that color but now it seems as if my hair will not take to the coloring,..and yes there is a Sally's in my area.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 6:40pm
I would recommend a semi permanent haircolor. I believe Clairol Jazzing in #078 Creme Soda would be  good match. It's sold at Sally's and most local beauty supply stores. Use it with heat so the color will last longer. Here's a link to the product on the Sally's website. http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-SA-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=SBS-320944&dwvar_SBS-320944_color=%23078+Creme+Soda 
ThozEyz60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThozEyz60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 4:12am
Thank you soo much for your time and thoughts. I couldn't wait for your response,..but I went to Sally's and got a neutral protein filler,and the Clairol semi-permanent moisturizing color 14K gold,..this came out a bit too yellow gold but I will have a chance to tone it down. It is a whole lot better than before. I was ashamed to go outside. So as this washes out I will be able to go to the next step. If I have any problems as such I will be sure to contact you. God bless and take care. Again,..thank you!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 8:28pm
Yeah I tried Clairol Beautiful Collection in 14K Gold once....it's a strong gold yellow color.  All of the warm shades in Beautiful Collection are instensely warm.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic