Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bacon Alternatives

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bacon Alternatives
    Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 11:48am
I LOVE pork bacon. I have tried turkey bacon and I hate the texture. Can anyone recommend a brand of turkey bacon that is thicker cut and not...rubbery like turkey bacon? And possibly where to purchase it?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:51pm

I like the butterball brand and turkey bacon from trader joe's I haven't eaten pork or beef in years but, turkey bacon will never come close to pork bacon in flavor or texture.

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:04pm
Have you tried the turkey bacon from Sam's Club? My sister loves it. Its thicker cut too.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 12:00am
Originally posted by KurlieBeautie KurlieBeautie wrote:

I LOVE pork bacon. I have tried turkey bacon and I hate the texture. Can anyone recommend a brand of turkey bacon that is thicker cut and not...rubbery like turkey bacon? And possibly where to purchase it?

Thanks in advance.

Nosy Rosy checking in and I have a question.  Why are you giving up bacon?
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:56pm
NARSAddict:

I'm trying to eat healthier and pork bacon (at least what I can afford on my budget) tends to have a higher salt and higher fat content that I shouldn't have in my diet... Unless you have support showing otherwise! (I'd love to be able to eat bacon and not feel guilty! lol.)
bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

I like the butterball brand and turkey bacon from trader joe's I haven't eaten pork or beef in years but, turkey bacon will never come close to pork bacon in flavor or texture.

This. I too haven't eaten beef or pork in years and had no other choice to switch to turkey bacon. Nothing will even come close to pork bacon. The thickness of it won't change the texture of it. I think the fact that its fat content is almost next to nothing is what makes the texture different. I've tried all brands and its still not the same. Deal with turkey bacon or just give it up completely.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 10:43pm
OP I don't eat pork but I do love the taste of bacon. I've found two alternatives that are amazing!

Trader Joe's turkey bacon

http://www.traderjoes.com/images/fearless-flyer/uploads/article-414/91708-turkey-bacon.jpg

And I picked up this brand, applegate in A&P and it is also fantastic!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-mz9pT59PVXE/TYppjAz5xWI/AAAAAAAANxQ/NRF5FfLeeAU/005.JPG
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:59pm
I get to keep my bacon, i'm on low carb atkins so happy.. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic