Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Backhanded compliments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backhanded compliments
    Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 2:02pm
Which one's have you received? I have a friend who sometimes feels like a fiend as she's a queen of giving compliments sugared with a meawwwww in them. She's ruthless it's hard to catch it at the time until you've walked away. She's mellowed slightly.

Do you encounter people like this?

Her latest gem to me was "babes just relax it (hair) you always look nice with that style and you dont have to worry about your hair breaking all crazy as you don't retain growth
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 2:38pm
I'm that friend: (

I'm getting better. I started really thinking before I speak.

In August, I remember cause it was around a time when some stuff happened, I told my friend, "I know y people don't like me as soon as they see me, but I don't understand y people don't like u. Ur so nice."

I didn't even catch it until I repeated the story to my man and he laughed uncontrollably and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

Edited by creole booty - Mar 03 2014 at 2:40pm
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 3:06pm
I love giving compliments    I don't see the purpose of giving a compliment if your going to be catty.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 4:34pm
I give backhanded compliments but it's always intentional. I only direct them to my family members, close friends and people who know that I dislike them. Only for giggles (except for those whom I dislike) and they usually return equally backhanded compliments.

Return the favor and have fun with it! If not, leave that shady heifer alone.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I love giving compliments   

this. i give compliments all the time.Clap

you never know whose day you could make by telling them how nice they look

Edited by ModelessDiva - Mar 03 2014 at 6:11pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 6:32pm
I give backhanded compliments, but I am trying to work on it. Some people deserve them though. 

( I told someone I liked her LV bag, then I got close to it and said the stitching was interesting Cry, she deserved it though)
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 6:33pm
You're big but shapely.

I want to look like you when I get old.

Your skin will clear up once you have that baby. . . I'm sorry, I thought you were still pregnant. 

********************************************************************************

These are a few I've heard and I used the "wanna look like you" on my aunt who used to say I was big but shapely when I was a size 12. Dead

Edited by Katrenia - Mar 03 2014 at 6:45pm
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 7:35pm
Just got told today, "You dress your ass off to be a 'thick' girl" (read fat).

Damn...you couldn't just say you like my outfit? Had to be a for a big girl, huh?

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 7:38pm
Shade! I gasped out loud on the train. The lady sitting next to me looked at my screen like what happened? Lol
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 7:39pm
Jeezus princess. Lol!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic