Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back to the Creamy Crack HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
JanayT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanayT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to the Creamy Crack HELP!
    Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 6:34pm
Hi Ladies! I've been semi natural for about 7 years now. I say semi because while I was in college I could not afford relaxers so I started doing my own hair to save money. Now 7 years later I still have not relaxed my hair, although I have had a BBO once. My hair's current state is Bipolar! Summer, Winter it doesn't matter the season my ends are always fine, silky and straight while my roots are horribly notty and nappy. I've tried EVERYTHING! Deep conditioning, oils, leave in conditioners, creams, heat, nothing works. I've decided to once again get a perm to tame my roots. My question is, it's been so long I've sort of forgot the process Confused What should I do before the perm, and how do I take care of it afterwards? I usually deep condition once per week with ORS deep conditioner, clarify with ORS shampoo once per month, and I use CON shampoo and conditioner weekly. I then blow dry and flat iron. Should I be doing something else?
Sponsored Links

Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 9:15pm
The week before a relaxer, use a heavy protein conditioner.  I refer to that process as insurance.  When you relax your hair, do not overlap.  You should only apply the relaxer to the new growth. From the description that you gave, you have two textures of hair.  Relaxed hair and natural hair. 

Relax the new growth only, make sure that you do not over process your hair.  Bone straight hair is over processed hair.  Rinse the relaxer thoroughly.  Everyone have their method, this is one method.  After rinsing the relaxer thoroughly, apply a Reconstructor to your hair.  Aphogee Reconstructor is good.  Allow the Reconstructor to stay on your hair for five minutes, then rinse.

Use a neutralizing shampoo next and shampoo your hair.  IMO, after a relaxer one cannot rinse and shampoo too many times.  The object is to remove ALL traces of the chemical.

I like a colour coded shampoo such as Elasta QP Neutralizing Shampoo.  Be gentle with your hair and scalp.   Lightly go through the hair and scalp with the tips of your fingers.  Allow the shampoo to remain on your hair, for five minutes each lather before you rinse.  By doing so the shampoo is neutralizing the hair thoroughly.  

Shampoo  no less than three times, until there is no pink or purple bubbles from the shampoo.  Rinse, rinse, rinse.  Apply a leave in and style as usual.  IMO, you can either wrap your hair or roller set your hair.  If you have  hair dryer, please use it or allow your hair to air dry.  Try to stay away from direct heat as much as possible.  Use a daily moisturizer daily, each time apply a small amount of oil to seal in the moisture.

One or two weeks after a relaxer, use a Reconstructor to condition your hair.  The following week do a deep moisturizing treatment.  Protect your hair before going to bed, secure a silk or satin scarf or bonnet on your head.  Keep your hair balanced with moisture and protein.  Eat right and drink no less than eight glasses of water per day.

Once you do all the right things your hair will thrive.  Good luck Big smile

Edited by Claudie - Sep 09 2012 at 9:17pm
JanayT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanayT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 10:18pm
Thanks so much will do!!Smile
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:04am
You are welcome.  I forgot to tell you this.  Do not apply the relaxer to the edges until the last five minutes of the processing time.
aliengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:51pm
 Great job explaining it.  That about sums it up! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style