FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBaby eczema

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
ReRe23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 10:47am
Walmart sells this eczema cream for babies called Disney Baby Gentle Naturals , it is a natural gental formula with no kinds of steroids. I use it on my 3 year old who has eczema since he was born. It works really well and will clear it up, they also make a bath time wash.
Gentle%20Naturals%20Baby%20Eczema%20Cream%20Disney%20Baby%20Fragrance%20Free
Sponsored Links

MizzSharly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Trinitylove Trinitylove wrote:

Originally posted by babyphat4me babyphat4me wrote:

dont know if he is tooo young for shea butter or aloe vera

i agree with that
pure aloe vera gel cured my eczema, also (like me) your little one could be alergic to dairy products etc.
Ashley0710 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 11:54am
My daughter had eczema when she was a baby and I used Aquaphor and Vaseline fragrance-free lotion. They never told me what caused hers, but she doesn't have it anymore and she's 2 now.
gemofagirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 10:56pm
try organic coconut oil from the health food store
SCARLETT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2010 at 4:56pm
Aveeno products are wonderful on ecxema prone skin
danielleray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 9:33pm

I would start with an elimation diet, starting with Dairy and then Gluten, our kids do much better when dairy is elimated.

Good luck
choclatey77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 1:24pm
I had it extremely bad as a baby, my mother took me to a dermatologist he made a cream mixture to rub on my body every night.
niecyb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 8:07pm
One of my sons had extreme eczema for the first 3 years of his life. Doctors prescribed steroid creams but I wasn't to comfortable with using them on a small baby. So I decided to attack eczema from  a different stand point. I started making his babyfood, steaming fresh veggies(greens and carrots), and chicken breast and garlic for the immune system. I also put in flaxseed oil which helps the body build and maintain its own moisture. I never let him stay in baths longer 10 minutes because no matter what I would add to his bath the water would just dry out his skin. I also bought satin sheets for his bed since they weren't as drying to the skin as cotton sheets were. I washed his clothes seperately using a very mild detergent and then washed them again with vineger added. This made such a difference in his skin but it didn't happen over night it took close to 3 weeks before a huge difference. I hope this helps a bit.  
shesme View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 8:13pm
My son also has or had it we use All Free, Dove, Eucerin and Luberderm.   Does your friend use detergents and soaps with dyes and frangrances.. baby powder or bubble bath.  That could be the problem.
sasha299 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 4:06pm
DS had eczema so bad from he was about 6 weeks - he woudl sometimes get so bad that he was oozing - they tested him for staph it was so bad inspite of the steriodal creams.

1. baby may be allergic to something so try eliminating soy, milk, egg, nuts to start.  If he's allergic to cows milk he will be allergic to other animal's milk too and usually they react to soy also.
2. Don't use shea unless you are SURE that he is not allergic to tree nuts. DS is and that made him soo bad it was crazy.
3. Baths save DS's skin. We bath him in water with either a cup of vinegar or a cap full of bleach (on advice by both pediatric allergist and dermatologist) everyday and don't dry him before slathering on Crisco - we tried aquaphor, vaseline etc and they did not work
4. When he is flaring try using a mixture of jojoba, coconut and tea tree oil (just about 10/20 drops to a cup of the others) during diaper changes.

5. what ever detergent you use on his cloths use on yours because he will be resting his head on your shoulders, against  your chest, etc. Also, there is often cross contamination in the washing machine when you use different detergents.

Edited by sasha299 - Mar 31 2011 at 4:08pm
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic