Topic ClosedBaby eczema

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
guyanesesista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby eczema
    Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 8:01pm
Hi my friend's  7 and a 1/2 month old baby is having eczema issues. He has extreme itching.  Can somebody suggest anything to help? She used vaseline, hydrcortizone, cetaphil, eucerine(sp), A&d ointment, aveeno. The bolded were used constantly for the last 6 months and she till uses them. The others were tried about a month each. She said that the hycortizone worked for a while and then stopped. Any advise about any other remedies are greatly appreciated. TIA.

Edited by guyanesesista - Jan 29 2009 at 8:15pm
Sponsored Links

Wanny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2009 at 4:21pm
Well Aveeno and Aquafor worked for my baby when it was minor eczema.  Eczema often occurs due to an allergy to something in the baby's diet or laundry detergent, formula, etc.  My daughter had eczema from a formula I tried when I started weaning. She also would get eczema from perfumed laundry detergents.  I'd suspect it's one of the above since only the hydrocortizone helped and it was temporary. She'll have to figure out what foods or products she started using around the time the eczema started occuring.
Trinitylove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2009 at 10:50am
Originally posted by babyphat4me babyphat4me wrote:

dont know if he is tooo young for shea butter or aloe vera

i agree with that
AlmondJoy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2009 at 4:08pm
My 18month old has it off and on. I made my own remdy because all these steriods, I just don't know the lifetime problems that it may cause, I was told to use  Cortisone 10 (1)% cream is available in over-the-counter strength, sold as hydrocortisone which is a water-soluble, synthetic steroid sold under various names as a cream to relieve itching and minor skin irritation. It worked for a little while, so I bought some Raw shea butter, it is a yellow color, no smell. I then made it into a whipped cream adding, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, kukui oil, EVOO oil and evenig primrose oil. just teaspoon amounts. I mixed everything together with an electric blender, until fluffy, everynight after my son has his bath, I take a small amount, melt it in my hands, and rub it on eczema places, he has dry skin, so I keep him lathered up, it has been working for him, I try know to use natural products on him.

Edited by AlmondJoy - Mar 13 2009 at 4:09pm
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2009 at 2:31am
Avoid using steriod creams for extended periods of time.....my son's pediatrician said it can thin the skin. She tells me to keep my son lathered with vaseline and to bathe him less frequently and NEVER in hot water. His eczema is food allergy related and seems less severe in the summer time.
BabyDoll933 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 1:12am
My 5 year old uses Elidel (SP?) but my mother in law & I was watching the news (it was more like a q & A session with a local Peditrician where people call in and ask questions but it's at the end of the news) and he suggested using a cap full of bleach during  their bath. Just drp it in the water befoere they get in I haven't tried it yet but I have been asking people about this like crazy and to my suprise a lot of people have tried it and had success with it. I am going to wait until I bring my dd back to the dr for a checkup and ask her about this
BabyDoll933 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 1:15am
also Dove and Aveeno soap are good and the aveeno lotion~ kids with eczema ned to be lotion daily and an oatmeal bath also helped
TayMac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2009 at 10:37pm

We do weekly oatmeal bath and use dove soap.

I have used all of the following with fairly good success.

Eucerin calming cream
Aveeno overnight lotion
coconut oil
shea butter
cortisone cream (in really itchy spots)
tea trea oil/jojoba oil
gn09 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 7:32pm
My daughter had ezcema when she was a baby. I used a lot of different products and the only one that worked was Aquaphor.
sifa123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 10:48am
I'd suspect it's one of the above since only the hydrocortizone helped and it was temporary. She'll have to figure out what foods or products she started using around the time the eczema started occuring.
campaign metrics
clear vision 3

Edited by sifa123 - May 31 2009 at 10:49am
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic