Perfect Hair Collection

Baby abandoned in NYC subway station

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby abandoned in NYC subway station
    Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:37pm

Woman who abandoned baby in NYC subway station detained, police say

This baby girl was abandoned on July 7, 2014 in a busy New York City subway station, police said NYPD

Last Updated Jul 8, 2014 4:44 AM EDT

NEW YORK -- A woman who allegedly abandoned a baby girl in a bustling midtown Manhattan subway station Monday has been detained and the infant was in the care of New York City's Administration for Child Services Monday night, city police told CBS News.

The woman, 20, is believed to be the baby's mother and was being questioned at a precinct house, police said.

No charges had been filed as of early Tuesday.

Sources said she was telling investigators she couldn't take care of the baby anymore and that's why she left her on the platform.

The baby is 10 months old.

The mother moved to New York recently, the sources added.

The infant was found abandoned at the 59th Street-Columbus Circle subway station, reports CBS New York.

Just before noon, a woman was on a train with a baby in a stroller, police said. When the train arrived at the station, the woman allegedly pushed the stroller onto the platform. The doors closed and the train left the station.

The baby girl, who police said is 6 to 7 months old, was taken to a hospital for evaluation.

The infant was spotted alone on the platform by a 33-year-old woman who waited about 20 minutes with the child for the woman to return, sources told CBS New York.

The woman never returned.

Police released a photo of the girl Monday night holding her bottle in the red stroller with white polka dots that she was abandoned in.

Police said there were no apparent signs of trauma. The baby had a bandage on her hand and a slight rash, but was otherwise unhurt, sources said.

The child was out of the hospital late Monday.

Authorities said it's unclear whether the woman intentionally pushed the stroller from the subway car.

But parents such as Jomal Jacques were left speechless, regardless.

Commuters were shocked that someone could put a baby in harm's way at a subway station, where anything could have happened.

"I can't even be away a couple hours away from my son, and for you to do that, that's -- I don't know. I don't even know. I can't really say anything about that," he remarked to CBS New York.

"I hope that child has no memory of this horror story," said Irene Kestanuk, who noted the outcome could have been far worse.

"Thank God the child wasn't pushed into the tracks," she told CBS New York.

"Anything could have happened to the infant)," added commuter Lindi Wemangondo. "Somebody might have kidnapped the baby - anything."

Sponsored Links

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:42pm
Pretty Baby Girl, Poor thing She was born to a triflin egg donor...
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:44pm
again, get a goldfish

what is the age limit for legally leaving babies at safe places like hospitals and fire stations? I'm sure she's probably too old, but there had to be a better way 
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:44pm
What is wrong with people

Cry
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

again, get a goldfish

what is the age limit for legally leaving babies at safe places like hospitals and fire stations? I'm sure she's probably too old, but there had to be a better way 

No age limit with City Hospitals. It happens ever so often at City Hospitals
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:59pm
Box cover! she looks just like my bestie's niece! I heard a report about an infant being found dead in the dump yesterday, that brought tears to my eyes.

I dont even know. smh. 

The infant was spotted alone on the platform by a 33-year-old woman who waited about 20 minutes with the child for the woman to return, sources told CBS New York.

"Thank God the child wasn't pushed into the tracks," she told CBS New York.

"Anything could have happened to the infant)," added commuter Lindi Wemangondo. "Somebody might have kidnapped the baby - anything."

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 8:36pm
What a ain't shït ass b¡tch… There's already laws for her to drop her baby at any number of hospitals, fire stations, precincts…

Smh…
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 8:55pm
Not excusing her actions at all...sadly, a stunt like this may have been the only way to get help for her child quickly.

Still all the way wrong and super high on the ain't sh*t meter. But just like that woman who left her children in the car, stress will make you do crazy things.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 9:15pm
I guess the good thing about this is that the girl is okay, and not abused to death or something foul...
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

The baby is 10 months old.

The baby girl, who police said is 6 to 7 months old

Confused

I'm glad the baby is ok. If she didn't want her she could have taken her to one of those safe zones...

Edited by TayTay - Jul 08 2014 at 10:18pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style