Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

B Scott Sues BET for 2.5 Million Dollars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 3:46pm
Did anyone actually watch the pre-show and can verify the guy did a segment or not?

I tell ya right now, BET won't be paying him 2.5 mil.  Maybe 200k and call it a day.
Sponsored Links

HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 7:16pm
They knew what they were getting when they hired him so why make him change?
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 7:20pm
Not that I don't agree with him being upset...but the U.S has made it so that a person can sue for any damn thing...its like ppl have to be on pins a needles not to offend anyone these days...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 7:29am

BET

We Don't Want Male Host B. Scott

Looking Like a Girl

1/9/2014 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0108-b-scott-primary
TMZ has obtained some pretty explosive internal emails and texts between BET execs, who candidly admit they ordered a transgender host to change his clothes during its big awards pre-show because he looked like a chick.

B. Scott is suing the network, claiming he was ordered to 86 his flowing blue tunic, black pants, hair, makeup and heels because they wanted him to look more like a man, even though they knew he was a transgender person.
0108-b-scott-glaad-text-tmz
During last year's BET Awards pre-show ... Scott appeared in his garb in the first segment but claims he was then ordered to change his clothes and remove his makeup ... he obliged but was never put back on the air.

BET Music Programming Prez Stephen Hill wrote a pointed email before the show ... "I don't want 'looking like a woman B Scott.'  I want tempered B Scott." 
Network VP Rhonda Cowan offered help, "I can speak to him about being less 'womanly.'"

BET had a potential public relations disaster on its hands ... because B. Scott went ballistic after being told to change clothes.  BET producer Stephanie Hodges wrote an email shortly after the broadcast, confessing, "He got upset and said he was going to blow this s**t up and call GLAAD."

BET has said it "embraces global diversity" and regrets unintentionally offending anyone in the LGBT community.  

But we got an email showing the network was far more cunning.  It's from BET honcho Monique Ware:

"The spin should be he was late for a live show and subsequently replaced and it would have been awkward in a live show to have the person assuming his role removed and him inserted."  It seems she's saying it would be weird for him to come back on the air as a man.

Ware goes on ... "Unless we can make public the reason we didn't want him dressed the way he normally does, I would stay away from suits, suit selections, etc."

In the various email and text exchanges ... BET execs say Scott had been drinking, was unruly, had shown up late, and was wearing garments that were not pre-approved.

We reached out to BET ... so far no word back.

0108-b-scott-outfit-change

See also

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2puLDc9hL
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 7:43am
F*ck BET
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:15am
I support BET.
Put a stop to the caracaturization of women.
Lock those trannies away in asylums.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:16am
If he is transgender then why do they refer to his as he and not she?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:19am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

If he is transgender then why do they refer to his as he and not she?

Not all transgender ppl prefer to be called the gender they transition to...

So BET said they want him to look less womanly?
I am not incensed

Edited by jonesable - Jan 09 2014 at 8:27am
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:26am
I don't really have anything of substance to add to this conversation, so I will just lurkTongue
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 10:56am
im SOOO tired of bet they are such a BIG BLACK DISAPPONTMENTDead
the best tv sector they had was the early 90's they SOOO fukkin backwardsOuch
why the fukkk hire a transgender IF you ain't gon let him SHINE!?! (that's what they do FLOSS n SHINE)
I hope he SUES the blah azz sheitt outta that chittlin circuit network cuz it's WHACK BACKWARDSLOL

sidenote: who puts out  ONLY 1 original program PER year!?!?!  b.e.t.  LOLCryLOLCryLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic