FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Aye. Yall. Should I move it up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
MsTiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsTiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by windycityaj windycityaj wrote:

I seriously can't see any flaws. Looks good.

This^^^^

Sponsored Links

Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 8:41am
I think you did a good job too! And the pics are in broad daylight which shows a 'true to life' image of your application. Good on you for being that brave.Wink

I think I know what you mean when you say that it feels a bit off around the edges though. Now, I am persnickety ... so please feel free to ignore my input if you want - however, I am only trying to help .. based on how I apply my units. Smile

Okay, you have your natural hair edges out and that looks good because they are a bit kinky. This is a good thing because it looks like you are growing out your perm a bit.

But in both pics .. on the left side ... the wig hair just above where your natural hair begins ... needs to but cut (layered) a bit shorter.

It needs a 'deep' layering there so that the short of your natural hair ... slowly slips into the shorter layer of the wig hair. See what I mean?

Then as you move further down on the wig .. you make the layers .. longer. So - shortish to blend into your natural hair .. to longish .. so that it blends in with the rest of the wig.

You've got to brush your natural hair .. up into the wig hair where it is shorter.

Secondly, in your second pic .. the color of your natural scalp is not the same color as the wig 'scalp' - though I see that the color of your wig scalp is the same color as your face. I can see you are wearing power foundation on your face so there is a gap .. because your natural scalp is a different color. I think that would really stand out in person. Your wig scalp looks too clear or matt or something.

This is a common problem when you use makeup on the wig 'part' area. The whole color thing with the wig scalp is dicy though. Confused 

Me:

I used to wear silk tops and darken the silk somewhat. The thing is that no matter what color foundation or silk top color (though it looks like real skin)... it looks somewhat OFF in broad daylight. I think I figured out that this is because ... you don't see any pores in the silk top and that along with the color makes it look .. OFF. There is no color 'gradation' in the scalp with the silk tops .. as you would see on a real scalp. It's hard to explain here.

So recently, I got a CV to drop the silk top altogether and to bleach the knots on a custom swiss lace unit .. 70% density on the edges, and dark brown lace and wowww.... when I lay that unit down it looks EXACTLY like my real scalp!! It's a color and a density thing combination but you are lighter than me and your natural hair is exposed so I don't know if this work for you. So I am done with the silk tops now. (OH OH! I feel another sale of my units coming on!)Shocked

My point though ... is that you have to experiment with different techniques - because in broad daylight (as in your pics) or under bright lights ... the color of your wig scalp etc can be off.

Anyway, I think correcting these things will eliminate your feeling that 'something' is off.  Wink

Edited by Becky - Dec 23 2012 at 4:06pm
nappyface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:36am
OK Becky I need you to come over to my house! :D
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:08pm
Never going back to America again .. but if you ever get to Amsterdam ....Wink
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:32pm
Samething Becky said. The scalp color doesnt match yours. You need to dab a little brown eyeshadow in your part just to smooth out the yellow tint. Also the wig does need to come up a tiny bit in the front and you can just smooth those edges. BAM you got yourself the bomb application.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

So recently, I got a CV to drop the silk top altogether and to bleach the knots on a custom swiss lace unit .. 70% density on the edges, and dark brown lace and wowww.... when I lay that unit down it looks EXACTLY like my real scalp!! It's a color and a density thing combination but you are lighter than me and your natural hair is exposed so I don't know if this work for you. So I am done with the silk tops now. (OH OH! I feel another sale of my units coming on!)Shocked

My point though ... is that you have to experiment with different techniques - because in broad daylight (as in your pics) or under bright lights ... the color of your wig scalp etc can be off.

Anyway, I think correcting these things will eliminate your feeling that 'something' is off.  Wink
Pics pretty pleaseeee!!! Anything to perfect my application will be well appreciated!!
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:13pm
Wow, thanks Becky! I meant to post earlier, but the internet was out. I went on a cut more layers in it and it looks so much better! I tried to do the "short layers then long layers" technique as best I could. I'll try to post a pic . . . 

I'll get my concealer stick and put some on the tip of the lace as well. Bought some got2be and fixin' to experiment.

Big smile

Edited by Kiwistardust - Dec 23 2012 at 7:37pm
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 9:13pm
You are on the way then! Thumbs Up Experimenting is then only way!
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Pics pretty pleaseeee!!! Anything to perfect my application will be well appreciated!!

Oh noooo I don't do pics ... sorry. Too much trouble to put it all together and then you 'expose' yourself to too much scrutiny and meaness from the various harbies on the forum that are currently in lurk mode. (Oh heck no, you know how it is on this forum girl.)Confused

Edited by Becky - Dec 23 2012 at 9:20pm
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:56pm
Hey Becky, long time no hear.  How is Amsterdam?

OP, looking good!Thumbs Up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>