Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avlon Affirm Relaxer, Bad experiences?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Carleesuh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carleesuh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avlon Affirm Relaxer, Bad experiences?
    Posted: Aug 15 2012 at 2:56pm
I often wondered why my hair has been falling out for quite some time. I thought that it may have been the perm that I was using because I had done nothing different to my hair. Before my hair rarely experienced breakage. Just the normal shedding.  When my hair was at its best I was using designers touch. I loved this relaxer. Then for whatever reason my hair dresser decided to switch it up on me and started using affirm. I may have been 18 at the time. I cant remember. But I didnt ask why because I wasnt necessarily on a hair journey or "crazy" about the length or health of my hair. But I started noticing that my hair would break and shed severely! I tried everything to bring it back to life. But it was hard being that I had no staple products or regiment. Unfortunately, nothing worked! This went on for about 2 years. Meanwhile I was experiencing some health issues so that added fuel to the fire. Eventually the hair in the middle of my head broke off to about and inch. I wore a sew in for a year and a half to grow it back. Took it out got braids afterwards and relaxed again after taking them out. Once again with affirm to see if it was the perm that was causing the hair loss and breakage. After all the growth that I achieved IT STILL BROKE OFF AFTER PERMING! So I was convinced that it was the perm and switched. I tried the organic root stimulator relaxer on my hair and guess what. NO DAMN BREAKAGE. lol. Should of switched a lot sooner.

Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2012 at 1:26pm
Is your stylist using a reconstructor before applying the neutralizer?  The reason why I ask is because the Affirm relaxer needs all those extra products, no substitution (must be from the same brand) and it can't be omitted.  That relaxer is pretty powerful in itself.
MelanieST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:22pm
tried the pro naturals repair system. it consists of shampoo, conditioner, a hair mask, and argan oil leave-in treatment. They completely restore your hair, giving it back its natural balance, elasticity and health. Trust me, it's a great treatment
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic