BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Aussie DJs torn up over UK nurses suicide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:12am
I believe the hospital canned her and it sent her over the edge
Sponsored Links

Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:12am
The DJs got fired

Prank calling is banned form the station

All advertisement form the show has been suspended
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 3:47pm
all she did was transfer the call ...poor woman
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:28pm
Apparently the nurse was inconsolable over the prank. I have no doubt she was at least initially scared of losing her job. She had been repeatedly humiliated publicly purely because she wasn't trained in this situation and was caught off guard. She received vitriol and calls for her to be sacked in all media forum.

Every one of those producers listened to that recording and the DJ's knew that people could lose their jobs over this. We have no idea the background she came from or what the possibility of losing that job meant. For that reason I don't feel sorry for them. She was a woman put in the media spotlight. Who expects that?

It's wrong. At the very least they must have known that the nurses they called could be sacked, reprimanded and humiliated at best, and they were calling a hospital to make fun of a sick person and share personal private details for a laugh and fame.

They could not have predicted a death but they should and could easily have predicted that people would be hurt, embarrassed and ashamed and humiliated. They deserve to feel utterly dreadful and they should feel burning shame and remorse.

I don't buy into this 'well, she must have had ishooooos anyway' thing, and it being the straw that broke the camels back. She was national news. It was played over and over again. She was humiliated. Get yourself taunted all over the world and see how you feel (not you op).

Playing pranks on friends when you know whether they will take it in good grace is one thing but on complete strangers is not on. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if more information got put through there would be great chance that someone would lose their job, be a public inquiry of some sort and that the gutter press would have a field day.

I should imagine this woman feared for her job not to mention the fact that some people take duty very seriously indeed and feel honored to serve the Royals (couldn't be me!). Who knows but I honestly think these two should resign. They should have gone after the incident with the teenage girl and the rape she admitted.

Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:35pm
I don't think jailtime is called for but their actions shouldn't just be shrugged off as a "dumb prank."

They shouldn't have done it in the first place, then took it too far.

And this station is notorious for dirty pranks, one of their calls ended up with a 14 year old girl admitting to being raped live on the air. That whole fukking station should be shut down.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

Apparently the nurse was inconsolable over the prank. I have no doubt she was at least initially scared of losing her job. She had been repeatedly humiliated publicly purely because she wasn't trained in this situation and was caught off guard. She received vitriol and calls for her to be sacked in all media forum.

Every one of those producers listened to that recording and the DJ's knew that people could lose their jobs over this. We have no idea the background she came from or what the possibility of losing that job meant. For that reason I don't feel sorry for them. She was a woman put in the media spotlight. Who expects that?

It's wrong. At the very least they must have known that the nurses they called could be sacked, reprimanded and humiliated at best, and they were calling a hospital to make fun of a sick person and share personal private details for a laugh and fame.

They could not have predicted a death but they should and could easily have predicted that people would be hurt, embarrassed and ashamed and humiliated. They deserve to feel utterly dreadful and they should feel burning shame and remorse.

I don't buy into this 'well, she must have had ishooooos anyway' thing, and it being the straw that broke the camels back. She was national news. It was played over and over again. She was humiliated. Get yourself taunted all over the world and see how you feel (not you op).

Playing pranks on friends when you know whether they will take it in good grace is one thing but on complete strangers is not on. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if more information got put through there would be great chance that someone would lose their job, be a public inquiry of some sort and that the gutter press would have a field day.

I should imagine this woman feared for her job not to mention the fact that some people take duty very seriously indeed and feel honored to serve the Royals (couldn't be me!). Who knows but I honestly think these two should resign. They should have gone after the incident with the teenage girl and the rape she admitted.

to the first bolded...she was being humiliated at work for not being trained at her station prior to this incident?  if yes, then that may be what is being referred to as pre-existing issues that made this incident send her over the edge.

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:36pm
I'm not seeing how she was humiliated seeing as though all she did was transfer the call. 
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:38pm
way too many holes in this story. RIP to the nurse and condolences to her loved ones 
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:45pm
i understand how they feel
they were expecting to get hung up on right away, they even said that during the call
they DEFINITELY weren't expecting to be transferred so i understand when they say there was no way to know that could be an outcome, and once they got through of course they were going to go through with it for jokes

all their history prior is a big deal tho....they should've stopped that shiit from a while ago

Edited by mrshairdo - Dec 11 2012 at 10:45pm
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:37am
i want to know how she died!

Did she take pills then fell over in the street next to the hospital? Surely someone would have seen something.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic