Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Shampoo & Conditioners
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Au Naturale sulfate free wash w/ SODIUM HYDROXIDE?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Au Naturale sulfate free wash w/ SODIUM HYDROXIDE?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
SoulSister87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoulSister87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Au Naturale sulfate free wash w/ SODIUM HYDROXIDE?
    Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:21am
Is anyone else as shocked as me to hear that Dark and Lovely's line of Au Naturale products are NOT natural?
They have a newer shampoo out called Au Natural Sulfate free wash for curl elongation. For those who don't know the ingredient sodium hydroxide is found in a chemical relaxer , or form of lye.
The label is very misleading with it's "natural ingredients" boasted on the front of the bottle and "frequent use" is encouraged. So with frequent use the user of this product is slowly relaxing their hair. Are you kidding me? It's amazing how soft sheen Carson doesn't have sodium hydroxide listed in it's ingredients, but if you go on over to Sally's website the ingredients are listed clear as day.
I've included the link below. See for yourself. $8.99 ? This must be a joke?!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-SA-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=SBS-306757&start=1&q=Au%20natural%20sulfate%20free
Sponsored Links

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:27am
It's marketing, this is why you have to look at the ingredients. It's like Lush hair products, they say they're vegan but they simply have a large amount of vegan ingredients. They still have synthetic ingredients in their products as well. I didn't even use Dark & Lovely's crappy products before I was natural so I definitely wouldn't use them now.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic