BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atlanta Snowpocalypse 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 1:43am
I checked that snowed in out atlanta.  that is terrible.  I was reading one lady begging...offering to pay people if they were close to go check on her husband cause he ain't have no food and his medicine for his sugar and he was getting very lethargic.

one lady was taking in people.  she said there's a krogers down the street so if they ran out of food it wasn't a prollem.

*my bad. snowedoutatlanta

Edited by newdiva1 - Jan 29 2014 at 1:44am
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:30am
People are still stuck in their cars from gettin out of work at 6 pm....DOt was on the news saying how ready they were...this is a total disaster. We all have things to do, damnit.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:32am
damn. ^^^^^^^^^
Nisha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:44am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I live in Chiberia.

This right here. Wink

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:20am
Im so efffing mad that they let the kids out so effing late. They only started letting the kids out at 1:45 knowing damn well we got warnings the night and day before. Snow started falling around 10:45 and I called the school like when are you letting the kids out. They kept saying we didn't get word to release the kids yet. I live 2 miles from the kids school so the bus took an hour and 15 minutes to bring the kids home. Some kids didn't get home till after 9 because we kept getting those robo calls until 9:30. There are schools filled with kids just sitting there in the cafeteria. Some are still stuck on buses with no daggone heat.Cry

Its super bad out here. I lived in NY also and the snow was still mushy it rarely turned into ice. Besides if it did get bad you were in a walkable distance with tims, wolrich, northface, skully, and a face mask and if you didn't have that you could go down the street to get this stuff from the china man.  I never wear a jacket here in GA cos you go straight from your car into your office or back into your garage. Nobody In my house owns a winter coat. It just never gets that cold. 

currently 12 degrees. Inorder for any action to happen the sun will have to come out and melt the ice. The rescue trucks are stuck and police are helping people that are stranded so you basically have to find shelter and wait it out. 

Edited by sugabanana - Jan 29 2014 at 7:48am
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:25am
I'm mad I am in Washington DC and I'm at work...we got more snow
PrincessSher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessSher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Im so efffing mad that they let the kids out so effing late. They only started letting the kids out at 1:45 knowing damn well we got warnings the night and day before. Snow started falling around 10:45 and I called the school like when are you letting the kids out. They kept saying we didn't get word to release the kids yet. I live 2 miles from the kids school so the bust told an hour and 15 minutes to bring the kids home. Some kids didn't get home till after 9 because we kept getting those robo calls until 9:30. There are schools filled with kids just sitting there in the cafeteria. Some are still stuck on buses with no daggone heat.Cry

Its super bad out here. I lived in NY also and the snow was still mushy it rarely turned into ice. Besides if it did get bad you were in a walkable distance with tims, wolrich, northface, skully, and a face mask and if you didn't have that you could go down the street to get this stuff from the china man.  I never wear a jacket here in GA cos you go straight from your car into your office or back into your garage. Nobody In my house owns a winter coat. It just never gets that cold. 

currently 12 degrees. Inorder for any action to happen the sun will have to come out and melt the ice. The rescue trucks are stuck and police are helping people that are stranded so you basically have to find shelter and wait it out. 

This right here. I'm glad your hubby is safe and warm. My co-worker finally got home @ 12:10 am after leaving work @ noon

AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 8:14am
I agree with Suga. My 4 year old was stuck at school for 5 hrs. I don't understand why there wasn't an early release. A few of my co-workers had to stay at work.
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 8:35am
I remember being stuck in the same thing in 2011 here in atl, but the difference was that it was over the weekend I believe. I still had to drive in it and it was terrifying for me... 

I was supposed to work today but I called out. Driving on this road at 5 am is not a good idea to me. Plus I live around hills. I'm not being a braveheart like last time. 

I will say that I am so touched by the kind acts that I have heard about. 
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 8:44am
poor planning caused most of this situation.....The schools closed a couple of weeks ago because of cold weather...... why not close because of the impending snow?     along with everyone trying to get their kids and businesses releasing their employees at the same damn time  set in motion the perfect storm.

My SO left work in Alpharetta at noon on Tuesday and  arrived at home 4:30am!!!      
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 26>
  Share Topic