BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Atlanta Snowpocalypse 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:08am
Hey OSM.  smh.  a sad situation indeed.  I think because we're used to this type of thing we take snow reports seriously.  The last storm we had (last week I think)....like 36 hours before they were making reservations for people.  Even tho the storm ended up not being as bad as they thought it was going to be.  At least not for Boston.   From what I can see I think what makes this so dangerous is that many people didn't think it would be as bad as it is?  and is out there in these conditions.   That cold is no joke if you're out in it too long unprepared.   I imagine the people that had to walk did not have the proper cold weather gear...especially their feet.  Sad all around.
Sponsored Links

oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:09am
I'm glad your little one is safe, Smile. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:10am
I bet it's times like this that some are glad that they bought their babies a cell phone.  smh.  I hope they keep track of all these childrens out there.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:17am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Hey OSM.  smh.  a sad situation indeed.  I think because we're used to this type of thing we take snow reports seriously.  The last storm we had (last week I think)....like 36 hours before they were making reservations for people.  Even tho the storm ended up not being as bad as they thought it was going to be.  At least not for Boston.   From what I can see I think what makes this so dangerous is that many people didn't think it would be as bad as it is?  and is out there in these conditions.   That cold is no joke if you're out in it too long unprepared.   I imagine the people that had to walk did not have the proper cold weather gear...especially their feet.  Sad all around.

This sums up the fault of all parties. I know I honestly did not expect this. Schools and government agencies unfortunately assumed the same. 

And we all know what happens when we assume thoughOuch
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Look at this sh*t.

*came back to edit* so this is mostly ice these folks r stuck on?  

Edited by DiorShowGirl - Jan 29 2014 at 12:22am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:26am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Look at this sh*t.

*came back to edit* so this is mostly ice these folks r stuck on?  

Yes. The roads starting icing around 430 or so. 
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:32am
^^^^^praying for everyone's safety..esp the children....esp them....
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:46am
Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

The snowedoutatlanta Facebook page is so freakin sad....so many people stranded and looking for shelter

i was reading it too but it upset me too much. too many people with dire health issues stuck hours away from their medication at home. I cant imagine how many people with new borns, young babies, elderly, pregnany women about to deliver are stuck in cars. Reminds me of snowmeggeon in NYC when people could not leave their houses for days b/c snow plows couldnt clear the snow and they had heart attacks in the house, gave birth at home without medical attention, and worse...

People are really outraged by the goverment's lack of preparation. I am worried sick about my family in ATL b/c all of them have not checked in to let the family know if they are ok.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:49am
and i know damm well that the average person in atl does not own an ankle length down coat, skully hat/wool hat, timberland boots or heavy duty galoshes, real deal gloves and the pix i have seen, people had on the coats that are only going to hold up under 35-40 degree weather....sighhh...Ouch
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 1:04am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

My co-worker laughed because she from NYC and was like "Oh ya'll shutting down schools and business for 1/2 inch of sleet ice, snow. We get like 12 inches all the time. Get over it."   I told her "Yup, it's like how I hear you complain any and every spring to summer about the heat in Texas. It's only sun and heat at about 98 - 105 degrees. Get over it"
[(35)] gyyyyyyaaaaaal [/(35)] yes!! LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 26>