BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atlanta Snowpocalypse 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:00am
It's so many things that factor into where we are now...complete chaos

The snowedoutatlanta Facebook page is so freakin sad....so many people stranded and looking for shelter
Sponsored Links

oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:00am
Hi You Guys, 
 I logged in to say I hope everyone in the ATL area is safe as possible. My team left work around lunch. Of 19, only 14 are home as of 1AM. 1 at Target and 1 at home depot. I rented a room in Stone Mountain for one of my elder employees on my card and two other I have been unable to reach. 

It took me a little over 6.5 hours to make it home. I saw cars slide backwards down hills/across bridges. A man was trying to cross Northside Drive and a car slid into him coming to a stop at the light. Thanks Goodness he got up and limped to the gas station. 

I was in Chicago for over three years, Blizzard of 2011 and all that but the difference I noticed is that:

A) the number of people involved, since it's virtually impossible to survive in ATL without a car unlike Chi and NYC, played a major role in the chaos. There were literally parking lot like situations on every interstate and service road. Public transit doesn't really afford people the option to get home any other way than attempt to drive or walk...

B) ATL was/is not prepared. Schools, particularly APS and GCS should have followed suit if the surrounding counties and just bit the bullet. I saw someone said that snow is uncommon. In the years I was here before, never experienced ice like this. Snow is annoying. Ice is deadly.

C) The children involved make it such a sensitive case. My coworker said she will not go home without getting to her son. He sent pics of them sitting around at his school and said kids were crying for their parents. He is 8. 

I pray for all those involved. People walking in the cold, kids/parents separated and those still sitting on the roads waiting to get home. 

Unhappy

I don't like it at all. 

Edited by oh_so_moody - Jan 29 2014 at 12:06am
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:01am
Wow as a mom I'd be worried as heck to know my was 4 year old was stranded on a bus. Those kids are probably hunger, crank, cold, etc.

Everyone knows school bus don't provide sufficient heat to keep an entire bus warm. In high school, we also brought extra blankets to keep warm on traveling trips.

It was ice here in the Houston area and the schools, daycares, etc closed down. It iced here last week and they showed cars crashing into bridges, road blocks, other vehicles, etc.. They had over 800 accidents before 12 pm last week when it iced.   Houston mayor was like stay at home if you don't have to go out, don't.

Edited by QueenBee - Jan 29 2014 at 12:06am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:03am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

6 and 8 hours?  smh.  My company put folks up at a nearby Hotel if the snow is gonna be bad.

Hey ND. I agree, I even called all area Marriott's and Sheraton's in my work vicinity  around 3pm to book rooms for my team and myself and everything was booked solid. 

When it starting snowing around 12pm, i would not have imagined it would turn into ice so quickly with so many people on the roads. Ouch
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:04am
You summed it up well Moody. The babies is what is really upsetting me. Kids stranded on buses and cell phones are dead. Parents are worried sick. Police aren't responding to car accidents with less than 2 vehicles involved. Can't get through to 911. It is a complete mess
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:05am
20 car pileup in DeKalb County. Cry
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:07am
Whoa, I didn't know it was bad at all.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:07am
Only 3 school buses made it to my son school today...3!!! The 1st didn't arrive until after 6:30
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:07am
I tried calling my family in ATL...Not getting any answers. Let me try to hit'em up on facebook.
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:08am
Moody thanks for keeping us updated.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 26>