Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Atheists have higher IQs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 2.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I'd rather be the dumbest person in Heaven, than the smartest person in hell...

5 star post yall. BHM loves to sh.it on the religious but when the world sh*ts on them a la degrading statistics that point to black women being less, you know, things that hurt them, all of a sudden the faulty reasoning and rationale behind these sorts of stats go out the window.

So convenient.

This is a pretty silly observation, especially when MOST members of BHM are religious.
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I'd rather be the dumbest person in Heaven, than the smartest person in hell...
Heart
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:54pm
Whatever. Let me go wallow in my religious ignorance (Ermm) as I pray over this Chick Fil A I'm about to devour. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Whatever. Let me go wallow in my religious ignorance (Ermm) as I pray over this Chick Fil A I'm about to devour. 

Who said that?  You are making an incorrect observation about BHM based on FIVE posters.

LOL
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 7:19pm
Tokyo!
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 7:31pm
good for them I'm a dumbass with jesus in my heart
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Whites have higher IQs.... Stern Smile

i'm sure there's a study that backs this up tooLOL

the only thing i remember about psychology today is that they posted the article about black women being the least attractive..
so uhhh.....yeah
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 8:00pm
i'd also be inclined to believe this study if it was about agnostics, and not atheists.. 
there has to be a point in time where even the most intelligent, know what they do not know.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Do you think people in medical fields are less likely to question things than people in scientific research?

Doctors go through a whole lot of science training but do you think the distinct between it be focused on practice rather than research makes it less likely for them to question religion?

Just wondering why my doctors always seem to be devoutly religion, whereas my research professors are not.

I think its because doctors see the science they learned in school disproved all the time.  For instance a person gets an injury that they have a 5% chance of surviving and a 2% chance of making a full recovery, and a year later the person is fully recovered.  I think doctors see (more than anyone else) that so many aspects of mortality cannot be calculated or quantified. 

Also, a lot of physicians practicing in the US are foreign born and raised.  Many of them memorize the factual science they need to do well in to complete their studies, but they compartmentalize that from their own personal belief in God.  Practicing medicine is a job, not a lifestyle the way Molecular Genetic research is.  I don't know if that make sense.

I'll speak as a 3rd year med student, who is a muslim--I have never separated my faith from my studies. I see Gods work in everything I do. Science has strengthened my faith because of the incredible level of complexity and order that exists in our world and universe. There are only two possibilities. Either there is a God that created and designed everything....or there is an infinite number of universes and a universe like ours (with perfect conditions and laws of nature) was spontaneously created. There is no proof for either. Therefore there is no "correct" answer. I think that when/if science can explain how matter at the time of the big bang was created from nothing (which is a direct violation of scientific law), then we will make more ground. Until then, no one is "stupid" for believing in God, and no one is "stupid" for not believing. This "study" is no more meaningful than all the other studies that people do for the pure purpose of uplifting themselves and putting down others. I appreciate your post uppity-- however I'd have to disagree about medicine being a "job"...I definitely consider it a lifestyle.

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

i'd also be inclined to believe this study if it was about agnostics, and not atheists.. 
there has to be a point in time where even the most intelligent, know what they do not know.

Most atheists will and have claimed that the do not know everything and have actually prided themselves on not having all the answers.  The number gnostic atheists out there is generally very, very low.  Even then, the general tendency is to think, "a deity did not do this, so what DID?" 

Edited by TokyoRose - Aug 17 2013 at 8:03pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>