Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Atheists have higher IQs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 2.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 5:29pm
the shyt is true but yall go ahead and deny if you want too.
Sponsored Links

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 5:32pm
I'd rather be the dumbest person in Heaven, than the smartest person in hell...
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Lol this is soooo true but all the stats painting black women as bad/negative/less intelligent aren't?

BHM sure loves to choose when to be angry at things.

LOL
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Lol this is soooo true but all the stats painting black women as bad/negative/less intelligent aren't?

BHM sure loves to choose when to be angry at things.

LOL

Um, yeah.  Because what it is saying is that people who tend to question social norms more, tend to be more intelligent.  If you notice, there aren't very many devoutly religious people in the scientific community.  Ask yourself why that is.

Incorrect.
Muslims have a tendency to flock to science, math, and engineering.

According to PEW, 33% of all scientists are religious.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Do you think people in medical fields are less likely to question things than people in scientific research?

Doctors go through a whole lot of science training but do you think the distinct between it be focused on practice rather than research makes it less likely for them to question religion?

Just wondering why my doctors always seem to be devoutly religion, whereas my research professors are not.

Well, I think the key here is devoutly religious.  I really don't think it is possible to administer medical treatment and be a devout follower of the bible at the same time.  I would have a problem with a doctor who believed in talking snakes administering treatment to me.  It's kind of like, if you are sick, do you believe solely in the power of prayer to heal you, or do you supplement that prayer with medical treatment? 
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:00pm

Do you think people in medical fields are less likely to question things than people in scientific research?

Doctors go through a whole lot of science training but do you think the distinct between it be focused on practice rather than research makes it less likely for them to question religion?

Just wondering why my doctors always seem to be devoutly religion, whereas my research professors are not.

I think its because doctors see the science they learned in school disproved all the time.  For instance a person gets an injury that they have a 5% chance of surviving and a 2% chance of making a full recovery, and a year later the person is fully recovered.  I think doctors see (more than anyone else) that so many aspects of mortality cannot be calculated or quantified. 

Also, a lot of physicians practicing in the US are foreign born and raised.  Many of them memorize the factual science they need to do well in to complete their studies, but they compartmentalize that from their own personal belief in God.  Practicing medicine is a job, not a lifestyle the way Molecular Genetic research is.  I don't know if that make sense.
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I think its because doctors see the science they learned in school disproved all the time.  For instance a person gets an injury that they have a 5% chance of surviving and a 2% chance of making a full recovery, and a year later the person is fully recovered.  I think doctors see (more than anyone else) that so many aspects of mortality cannot be calculated or quantified. 

Also, a lot of physicians practicing in the US are foreign born and raised.  Many of them memorize the factual science they need to do well in to complete their studies, but they compartmentalize that from their own personal belief in God.  Practicing medicine is a job, not a lifestyle the way Molecular Genetic research is.  I don't know if that make sense.

I'll speak as a 3rd year med student, who is a muslim--I have never separated my faith from my studies. I see Gods work in everything I do. Science has strengthened my faith because of the incredible level of complexity and order that exists in our world and universe. There are only two possibilities. Either there is a God that created and designed everything....or there is an infinite number of universes and a universe like ours (with perfect conditions and laws of nature) was spontaneously created. There is no proof for either. Therefore there is no "correct" answer. I think that when/if science can explain how matter at the time of the big bang was created from nothing (which is a direct violation of scientific law), then we will make more ground. Until then, no one is "stupid" for believing in God, and no one is "stupid" for not believing. This "study" is no more meaningful than all the other studies that people do for the pure purpose of uplifting themselves and putting down others. I appreciate your post uppity-- however I'd have to disagree about medicine being a "job"...I definitely consider it a lifestyle.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:35pm
So you're telling me all the Buddhist, Muslim, and Christian men and women walking the halls of my top ranked engineering college aren't nearly as intelligent as they could be if they were Atheist? Oh. That makes so much sense. Especially considering many of them are involved in world changing research projects, but I'm schleep doe.

Edited by femmemichelle - Aug 17 2013 at 6:36pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I'd rather be the dumbest person in Heaven, than the smartest person in hell...

5 star post yall. BHM loves to sh.it on the religious but when the world sh*ts on them a la degrading statistics that point to black women being less, you know, things that hurt them, all of a sudden the faulty reasoning and rationale behind these sorts of stats go out the window.

So convenient.

Edited by femmemichelle - Aug 17 2013 at 6:38pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:51pm

So you're telling me all the Buddhist, Muslim, and Christian men and women walking the halls of my top ranked engineering college aren't nearly as intelligent as they could be if they were Atheist? Oh. That makes so much sense. Especially considering many of them are involved in world changing research projects, but I'm schleep doe.

No, what I am saying is that Atheists have a tendency not to have absolute knowledge and question everything, whether they think they know or not.  Once you stop studying and say things like, "We are created in god's image," you generally tend to stop asking questions and therefore stop learning.  This is why many scientific theories aren't anything like what they were when they were first developed and why religions have pretty much been constant for centuries. 

Early on, people literally thought they were the center of the universe.  They believed the sun revolved around the earth.  Several religions establish that as "fact," even Christianity.  It took a person who was not satisfied with that explanation to discover that we are revolving around the sun and not only that, the universe is actually expanding and we are only a spec of dust compared to how big the universe is. 

I think with doctors, the reason why some of them appear to believe in "miracles" is that they stop studying and researching and they use an applied form of science.  A researcher would be much more likely to say, "Gee, the 5% of the people who didn't die when they should have...what's going on here?  Could it be a natural immunity?  Could it be how the treatment was administered?" They tend to do further studies on why a person would recover when the odds were against them.  Non-research doctors are not really interested in that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic