BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

At WITS END Help 4C transitioning hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
Queensheba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queensheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: At WITS END Help 4C transitioning hair
    Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:44pm
Please ladies please help i am at my wits end and i am starting to chop off my hair.....i have 4c transitioning hair...the rest of my hair is texlaxed....after two whole months of being in braids i decided to blow-dry my hair i did everything right but my texlaxed hair is going nuts.....in may i started experiencing heavy shedding i don't know if its postpartum or what but its now November and my shedding has not stopped or slowed and its making everything so hard!!!!! my hair mats and tangles so bad and it's because of the trapped shed hair that i have resorted to just cutting it away. I am trying to transition 18 months but i don't think i will make itCry what can i do i am so discouraged because i don't want to BC yet.

Edited by Queensheba - Nov 17 2012 at 2:44pm
Sponsored Links

Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:57pm
Have you checked out the long term transitioning threads?  Those ladies tend to have great tips.

I think I remember reading that you should keep manipulation to a minimum so maybe you can try washing in braids and limiting the amount of time you keep your hair loose.

Also, after a couple months in braids, you should have a TON of accumulated shed hair considering how much hair sheds daily.  It's not abnormal to shed more in the cooler months but if you feel this is abnormal for you, perhaps you can try the molasses treatment or a tea (coffee) rinse to help reduce shedding.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:00pm
I concur with the advise that swift provided you with.

You also mentioned that the shedding may be attributed to post partum...how long ago did you have your bundle of joy?  ARe you taking any multivitamins?  This may aid in the shedding as well.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:39pm
Bumping.

I am thinking it is mostly due to post-partum hormone fluctuations.  Are there bulbs on the ends of the hairs (ie: are you seeing more breakage vs shedding?)
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:51pm
I would strengthen your hair strands immediately to keep from shedding so much. The aphogee 2 step is a the best. After you strengthen then DC with a good moisturizing conditioner using heat. Blast your strands with Deep conditioning treatments every 3 days for nine days after your protein treatment. Increase your multi vitamins to try and combat some of what the baby took from you. If you can take a magnesium supplement, if you do not have any health issues or breast feeding. Many times our bodies stay depleted of magnesium. This supplement is a overall miracle and it is so cheap...........Once you Deep Condition your hair apply a leave in I recommend Cantu leave in damage hair conditioner. It is thick, inexpensive and it works great. Put your hair in a style in which you do not have to style it for at least 3 days until the next deep conditioning treatment. Once you complete the 10 day deep conditioning moisturizing treatment (should you choose to try this) then because you are stressed about your hair, I would put it in a style that requires no daily manipulation. The best thing you can do is to stop stressing, because stress makes it worst. I would also recommend Qhmet Biologics soft bush gel and their conditioners their products are great for transitioners. You must order their products online, though. I also recommend shea moisture. Blessings!!!!!!

PS: feel free to inbox me if you have any questions, I am always willing to help. But I may not check back with all threads sometimes I miss some posts.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 17 2012 at 10:53pm
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 1:35pm
I made it all of 11 weeks "transitioning" with 4C hair and txlaxed/relaxed ends.

I feel your pain.
Free yourself.
Cut it off.

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

I would strengthen your hair strands immediately to keep from shedding so much. The aphogee 2 step is a the best. After you strengthen then DC with a good moisturizing conditioner using heat. Blast your strands with Deep conditioning treatments every 3 days for nine days after your protein treatment. Increase your multi vitamins to try and combat some of what the baby took from you. If you can take a magnesium supplement, if you do not have any health issues or breast feeding. Many times our bodies stay depleted of magnesium. This supplement is a overall miracle and it is so cheap...........Once you Deep Condition your hair apply a leave in I recommend Cantu leave in damage hair conditioner. It is thick, inexpensive and it works great. Put your hair in a style in which you do not have to style it for at least 3 days until the next deep conditioning treatment. Once you complete the 10 day deep conditioning moisturizing treatment (should you choose to try this) then because you are stressed about your hair, I would put it in a style that requires no daily manipulation. The best thing you can do is to stop stressing, because stress makes it worst. I would also recommend Qhmet Biologics soft bush gel and their conditioners their products are great for transitioners. You must order their products online, though. I also recommend shea moisture. Blessings!!!!!!

PS: feel free to inbox me if you have any questions, I am always willing to help. But I may not check back with all threads sometimes I miss some posts.

If her hair is shedding, not breaking, this wont be much help. 

You can try garlic supplements to stop the shedding. I also read somewhere that placenta (in capsule form) can help with the postpartum body changes. 
If all else fails, I agree with Yaya, cut it off and come over to the natural sideEvil Smile
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:45pm
Thanks skittles 4 the tips I'm transitioning & my shedding is pretty normal now but, I want to prevent it from increasing
Queensheba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queensheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 5:51pm
veemack-my hair is shedding no breakage with white bulbs ive come to the conclusion my hair hates protein except the aphrogee 2min for some reason that makes my hair incredibly soft...but i will look into Qhmet Biologics

swift-i will check out the transitioning thread because i think it would be more help to wash my hair in braids....any ideas how to stretch out my hair w/o blowdrying??

yaya24- too funny lol hey i made it this far

**Sk!TtLeS B**- i will try garlic supplements....anything to make this transition easier what brand would you suggest

I normally stretch for 6 months at a time with no problems...this shedding has made things worse to the point i don't want to put anything in my hair for fear of matting and knots...

solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 5:55pm
the only advice i can offer is to keep your hair stretched as much as possible.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic