Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

At what age will you "panic"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by melly melly wrote:

I believe that things happen when their supposed to happen, not when you want it to happen.

True. 

Anyways I am not ready to marry I am too selfish. I couldn't do what I did last night if I was married or in a serious relationship LOL

Edited by keepgrowing - Nov 17 2012 at 11:27am
Sponsored Links

313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:37am

I believe that things happen when their supposed to happen, not when you want it to happen.
NailtechDC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NailtechDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Originally posted by used2braid used2braid wrote:

Alright ladies, lets be completely real here.
If you're already married, at what age did you think you were going to get married and what age did you end up getting married?

I thought I'd be married by 26 and have kids by 28.  Met a great guy at 27, but I left him to join the armyLOL

Around 30 I started to really worry about not ever finding a good man.  At 34-35 I was making moves to adopt or do foster care, and buy a house.  Figured marriage wasn't going to happen and accepted it.

Met future husband at 36, got married, now have 2 kids, a house, and a great career.  God gave me all that I wished for, but on His time schedule, not mine.

Thanks for this...My mom keeps reminding me everyday that if it's going to happen it'll happen.

I had already started looking into sperm donors....actually found a site where people donate eggs and sperm for free. Signed up and I had guys contacting me.    I know it sounds desperate but I am.  About the kid thing and not the husband thing.   I'm trying to figure out how to find peace with not having kids and a family, when it's something I wanted so bad.  I've tried to throw myself into my career and I'm having terrible luck with that.   No career, kids or husband.  I'm trying to figure out what I will devote the rest of my life to. 
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by used2braid used2braid wrote:

Alright ladies, lets be completely real here.
If you're already married, at what age did you think you were going to get married and what age did you end up getting married?

I thought I was gonna get married early 20s, ended up getting married early 20s.
I was never worried cuz I found him early when I was in my teens.  I've always had a man ready to marry me anyway.  If he were to die tomorrow, I'm sure I'd be married within 2 yrs

hmmm interesting...in your opinion Bunny, what about you makes your likelihood of getting married higher than some other women?
I've got a lot of the positive attributes that men are looking for.  not gonna list them, but if you've seen the threads here u can put them together
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I wish people would stop acting like its abnormal to want a mate.
It's natural.

Wanting a man/marriage and never getting it by 30ish+ is sad as fck, imho. You either make bad decisions or have horrible social skills.

I mean come on, 10+years of failingConfused That is sad. & to be fearful that it isn't going to happen 10 years later from setting the goal. Sadder
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:36pm
They won't listen.  They see no flaws in their faults.  They think its supposed to be that way
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:37pm

errr. meh. 
i'm sure if some women didn't see their ultimate goal is having sex w/ every man they can... some women would be married earlier. 
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Wanting a man/marriage and never getting it by 30ish+ is sad as fck, imho. You either make bad decisions or have horrible social skills.

I mean come on, 10+years of failingConfused That is sad. & to be fearful that it isn't going to happen 10 years later from setting the goal. Sadder

I'm pretty sure every woman in this thread knows a man that will date/marry her. It's not so much about checking it off the list as it is finding someone of quality whom you're attracted to, with a similar intellect, ambition, life goals etc. etc.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:42pm
Idk babydoll, after 10+ years and a billion ppl in the world, you haven't found quality? Seems like an excuse.

Edited by nitabug - Nov 17 2012 at 12:43pm
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

They won't listen.  They see no flaws in their faults.  They think its supposed to be that way

I think I am just going to stick with this.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style